Early upgrade

danibal

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
So, I just got off the phone with Sprint, asking for them to move my upgrade up 2 weeks so I can get the Evo (my upgrade date is June 1) and was told they are not allowed to do that anymore. Supposedly, starting May 1 they can no longer move your upgrade date up 2 weeks and instead are stating that I have to buy out my contract for $45 bucks. I spoke to the supervisor who confirmed that this is the new corporate policy.

Has anyone else had any success with this? I'm going out of town on the 25th and was really hoping to have a new phone prior to that (without having to buy my contract out).

danibal

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
The only reason I mention this is because in several of the Evo forums people are stating that they called Sprint and were able to get their upgrade date moved to the 18th. I'm not saying that this didn't happen, but most of them also said that they were told they wouldn't be able to see it online til the 18th which I find a little odd. Unless I have it in writing or email, I would not take a customer care persons word.

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
On the 18th, call Sprint. Explain that you were just at a Sprint service shop. They cannot fix your phone after it fell in a pool. Your upgrade is in a week and a half. Can they help or do I have to find something on craigslist?

They will bump it up.

Or, visit a 3rd party store in your area. They should be more than happy to do the calling for you and get things set up if it means a sell.

ps. Obviously don't call Sprint from your phone. ;)