Galaxy S3 vs. Note 2 vs. next best thing - choice to make!

phillykish

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
so, my contract is up for my awesome Samsung Epic 4G. But I'm ready to upgrade and i can give my phone to another family member. More important, what should I go for?

Been checkin out the forum and the GSIII seems to be a popular contender. I'm an android fan myself, so I think i'd be happy with it. But like i read somewhere, there's ALWAYS a newer phone just beyond the horizon. I don't want to just blindly jump on the bandwagon and get the GSIII. i know the Note 2 is rumored to come out in November, and i can probably hold off til then, if i want that phone. I also hear rumors about a new nexus down the line as well.

i have a Nexus 7, so i'm not looking for a phablet, like the Note 2. But of course, if i get a great deal, i'll always opt for the choice that's most future-proof.

I'm curious to hear other member's opinions on the topic. Thanks!

-Kish

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
If its about the here and now I'd go with the S3 over the Note 2! Simply because the Note 2 is just to big for my taste. If your gonna wait...Then you will ALWAYS be waiting.

What it really comes down to is your needs an taste at the end of the day. However that is what I would do...

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
The note 2 is a little too big for me but it has the best hardware. I'm waiting for the Nexus 2 which is being rumored to be shown off at the end of the month, but I still have a little time on my contract so unless I want to pay I have to wait. Those are both really good phones the note 2 will just be cutting edge spec wise but I'm not sure you will see a difference in speed. Also the Note 2 is coming to all the big 4 U.S. carriers in November, its not a rumor.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I saw the s3 for 150 a few weeks ago so it's reasonable to be 50 near the holidays. Wirefly and amazon usually have sales for a lot of phones. My contract won't be up till the end of the year so I'm waiting anyway and you can't really go wrong with a Nexus device if you want an up to date phone. Although Samsung is upping their game recently big time with the updates.

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
For my money, all other things aside, the Note 2 because of the screen... they got rid of that horrid blue hue...

See this: http://www.androidcentral.com/quick-screen-comparison-galaxy-note-2-versus-galaxy-s3

Before you flame me, two things:

1. If it doesn't bother you...good.. I am giving MY opinion and it bothers ME
2. If Sammy didn't think that it was less than idea, they wouldn't have been in such a hurry to fix it...

There's my $.02... of course there are other factors to consider like form factor and concept... phablet vs phone...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

zangetsusx

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the SGSIII and this thing kicks butt. In the other hand i've always liked big screens on phones specially on phones that have great capabilities like the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I mean just with that monster Exynos Quad Core processor its bound to be the REAL next big thing. But again, when you hear rumors like a new Nexus phone you can't help it but feel the chills run down your back. :thumbup: :rolleyes:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
" It will also have no microSD slot and only 8GB to 16GB of internal storage, according to Modaco."

Ugh... seriously?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

It's kind of confusing, I guess that's why these bare rumors. The phone is supposed to have a 13mp camera but the Nexus is suppose to be 8mp. I saw some articles that said the AT&T version is supposed to have 8mp and the Sprint version is supposed to have 13mp. That seems weird if they did this on a Nexus phone. There are also stories that say 16GB and 32gb versions so who knows.
These is some of the articles of the specs leaked.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/1...tow/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/LG-Optimus-G-Sprint_id7100

http://androinica.com/2012/10/sprin...u-s/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

Last edited:

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
The new screen on the Note II still has a blue hue to it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

There is a setting for the screen mode on the Galaxy S2 and I'm guessing theses phones for a Dynamic, standard and movie. The movie is warm and dynamic is like a sports setting on a tv. My Galaxy S2 has a yellow tint to it and it's really annoying.