Tri-Band LTE Phones releasing later this year!!!

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Needless to say this will be when I use my next Upgrade.... I Don't care what is released before then, if it doesn't have support for all 3 LTE bands I DON'T WANT IT!

Just so you guys know Sprint is also scheduled to release phones by 3Q'13 that support all three bands of LTE....800, 1900, and 2.5...This should be very important news for people looking to upgrade soon.....

Having a Tri-Band LTE phone insures you'll have maximum availability of coverage for LTE. It will keep your phone relevant for years to come.

Sprint is preparing to launch new phones in the second half of 2013 that support LTE technology in all of the company's major frequency bands, according to Sprint Director of Device Product Marketing Trevor A. Van Norman. The company had previously hinted at dual-band phones, but now plans to skip straight to tri-band, to fully support all of the company's planned LTE deployments. In addition to Sprint's current LTE band near 1900 MHz (band 25), the phones will also support LTE near 800 MHz and 2,500 MHz. The 800 band (also known as ESMR, BC10, and band 27) hosts iDEN - which is being phased out - and CDMA. Sprint has previously announced plans to deploy LTE technology in that band in early 2014. Sprint will also keep CDMA in part of the 8900 band and/or in certain regions. The 2,500 MHz band (also known as band 41) hosts both WiMAX and LTE technologies, and is owned by Clear, which Sprint is trying to acquire control of. Regardless of the outcome of that transaction, Sprint will use the Clear LTE network to augment its LTE coverage and capacity.

Tri-Band LTE Phones Coming To Sprint In Late 2013 (Phone Scoop)

SERO wireless

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
While I applaud your enthusiasm you probably won't see any benefits from a tr-band phone bought this year. You'll be on standby like the MILLIONS of customers who bought LTE phones only to find that they're stuck on 3G until the LTE network magically appears. Sprint can't.use the 2.5 spectrum for TD-LTE until they retire Wi-Max and they're supporting Wi-Max through 2015. The soonest you would be able to use tri-band is in 2016. Don't go out of your way (or pay extra) for a tri-band phone this year.

EndlessDissent

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I disagree. I think tri-band phones will be worth it. Even if you can't use the 2500MHz band, you can still make use of the 800MHz band, which will be opened up when Sprint shuts down iDEN later this year, and which will also be the more useful of the two new bands for most customers. So, maybe Sprint should hold off on the tri-band thing for now and stick to dual-band to save costs. Maybe it doesn't matter. Either way, at least one of the new bands will have an impact.

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Actually you will....Sprint will start utilizing 800 later this year iDen turns off completely in June, Sprint will probably start deploying 800 in Sept or Oct.....2.5 is more dependent on the buyout of Clear, that will come on-line in the tail-end of '13 beginning of '14.

Either way it will not be 2015 when we'll see LTE on all 3 bands....and wouldn't you rather have equipment that can utilize all 3 rather than needing to upgrade once again to gain support for another Band. I know I want to be all set with my next upgrade so that when 800 is turned on - I instantly have support, when 2.5 is turned on, I'll have the support.

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
800 MHz LTE will be so nice. I'm fortunate enough to have LTE all day at home and work, but with the network changes I've seen in the past two months it's exciting to know that they are only partly done with network vision. Then softbank has even bigger ambitions on top of that.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
While I applaud your enthusiasm you probably won't see any benefits from a tr-band phone bought this year. You'll be on standby like the MILLIONS of customers who bought LTE phones only to find that they're stuck on 3G until the LTE network magically appears. Sprint can't.use the 2.5 spectrum for TD-LTE until they retire Wi-Max and they're supporting Wi-Max through 2015. The soonest you would be able to use tri-band is in 2016. Don't go out of your way (or pay extra) for a tri-band phone this year.

In most areas in Fort Worth and Dallas I get excellent 4g so having even more frequencies available to me sounds like a win. Not to mention its not likely they will charge a premium for tri band phones as anyone not on androidcentral would most likely have no idea what it was and not see the extra cost as worth it. The LTE phones weren't more. If anything it will be like usual the higher end phones will be the first to get the tri band and then the mid to lower spec phones will get it a year later.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo