Sprint TEP and Buying from non sprint retailers

ben7337

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Okay, this might be a really stupid question, but I can't seem to find any answers anywhere. My question is, if I buy a sprint cell phone and plan at another retailer, particularly an online one like amazon or wirefly, but I sign up for sprint's $7/month Total Equipment Protection plan, can I bring my phone in to the sprint store if I have any issues with it? After all the TEP plan says it covers all malfunctions and what not for free. Thanks for your time, I hope someone out there has an answer to this.

italianotampa

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Okay, this might be a really stupid question, but I can't seem to find any answers anywhere. My question is, if I buy a sprint cell phone and plan at another retailer, particularly an online one like amazon or wirefly, but I sign up for sprint's $7/month Total Equipment Protection plan, can I bring my phone in to the sprint store if I have any issues with it? After all the TEP plan says it covers all malfunctions and what not for free. Thanks for your time, I hope someone out there has an answer to this.
Yep:cool:

ShaLea

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

You may want to consider the retailers protection plan. I contacted wirefly yesterday and they have a protection plan for $70/yr w/up to 3 replacements (new not refurbs), $0 ded, covers damaged or stolen phones. Best Buy offers $9.99/mo or $170 for 2yrs cov'g, w/$0 ded and new replacements. With TEP thru Sprint, you have to pay a ded of $50-$75, and you MAY receive a refurb phone.

When I get the Epic, I think I'm going thru BestBuy or WireFly.

emraith

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Or squaretrade. $399 coverage is $96 for 2 yrs, or $599 coverage is $144. 20-30% off coupons can be found online regularly too. They give you the price you paid or retail price(up to whatever coverage $ you picked) for a new one if it cannot be fixed, not a refurb.

ben7337

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't think I would take any of those plans. With sprint's plan I know if my phone breaks I can get a loaner or an in store replacement. However wirefly is notorious for poor customer service with things in general, I wouldn't even be able to begin trusting them for a phone protection plan. Best buy takes the phone and repairs it, I don't think there is any free loaner phone or anything though.

As for squaretrade, they have a 5 day policy for phone replacements. So you send your phone in, and 5 business days after they get it they will send you a new one if they can't repair the phone. To me that says you have many days without a phone. I can't handle even one day without a phone, hence why I think I will stick to sprint's tep plan. It pretty much guarantees you will be covered by the people who provide your cell service. Yes I think they go through asurion, but even if they do, they still handle most of the stuff I plan on needing to work with in store.

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Plus, I don't know of any other plans that cover loss/theft besides the TEP.

SquareTrade most certainly doesn't...

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy, takes 2-6 weeks to try and repair your phone.. I had it, but ended up cancelling it (plus they want $150 deposit for a loaner phone).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress