Sprint is ruining my credit over a pay as you go plan, saying i owe money i do not owe

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

for over three years they are stating i still owe them money that they are putting in collection. Cheating people is their way of doing business.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Once it goes to collection, there's not much you can do. Even if you could convince Sprint that they're wrong, the collection agency buys the debt from Sprint, and they have the legal right to collect it. (It's like a marker - the original credit has nothing to do with it, legally, any more.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you have clear records that you've paid what you owe? It doesn't help your case if you don't have that evidence. Keep good financial records if you want to avoid issues like this.

Joel Champlin

Dec 6, 2019
Visit site
The same thing happened to me except I moved out of coverage. That was after 20 years of being with Sprint. Android users might want to know that Sprint should be avoided and/or cancelling might be even more painful than anticipated. The poster is probably just trying to get the word out anywhere they can.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Right, but in these situations, it's still always a good idea to keep accurate financial records to prove your side. A recent personal example -- I was prompted by Comcast to upgrade one of my TV boxes since the one I had was outdated. I did so through their automatic system, and returned the old box to a local Comcast store a few days after they had mailed me the new box. Several weeks later, I noticed they were billing me for 2 boxes instead of one, even though I had returned the older one. I had to call Comcast two separate times to get the charge for the older box taken off, since they thought I still had both. Fortunately, I kept the receipt when I returned the older box, and could tell the agent the serial number of the box, and the date and time of return. If I didn't have that information, they could've blamed me more easily and claimed I never returned it.:-\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch