Ads on top of ads?

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Many of your posts are clearly paid ads. So why must I be bombarded with another ad when I open one of these 'stories'?

so why open them if they are clearly paid ads? I tend to agree with you articles have affiliation links in them but this site gotta pay for itself somehow or are you willing to pay a monthly fee to access it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is the reality of any tech site. Look at CNet, ZDNet, Computerworld, etc. -- they all have articles that are pretty clearly promotional, some of them clearly marked, but others written by staff that are probably fluff pieces. These sites are all free. If you don't want these ads, then would you be willing to pay a subscription fee? I didn't think so.

If you actually are interested in paying for great ad-free Android news/discussion, I highly recommend JR Raphael's Android Intelligence Platinum. He's one of the best tech journalists around, completely independent, and skilled at cutting through the BS.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you really are talking about forum posts, then click the Report button when you see a spam post. The Mod team is very diligent about removing spam posts as quickly as possible (when one of us is available -- we're all volunteers, and have actual real-world day jobs;)).