Newbie brother hosed it!

gtdbrian

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I just bought my brother an Atrix 2, (he's never had a smartphone before) and he installed some crappy fingerprint scan login app, that has almost bricked the thing. It seems to wipe out the main screen/interface, so there's no menus available. I've tried the vol down+power hard wipe, but it doesn't allow the option.

Any ideas? Can I re-flash it? (I'm downloading the file now, but need to know how to actually carry it out). I've loaded OS's on a Blackberry several times (don't laugh), can anyone tell me how this is different? Is it from some desktop software, or do I attach to the Atrix 2 via PC?

Thanks for any help!
Brian

anon(51467)

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Webtop is the notebook like keyboard and screen for the device to attach to. That software is always running. It certainly is possible this other app has caused webtop to stop.

I do not know enough about Android to tell you how to reflash, but perhaps you can do a simple battery pull and restart. Lastly as it is a new phone perhaps you can exchange where you purchased it. If it is a legit app from the market there should be no issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress