Downloading update 4.9.51. NOT beta!

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: I just updated to 4.9.51

Same exact story just happened to me from beginning to end.. :( Wtf!? They are sending out my prepaid label.. No new phone on advance like someone was saying..

hi
dont ship your phone to Motorola. I was able to fix it and I have gingerbread on it. So what I did was: I reflashed back to 1.57 using RSDLite software. Then did two OTAs first to 1.83 and the second to the current version 4.9.51. you will need a 4.1.57 sbf file and RSDLite. if you need help to do this I can give you the links.
good luck!

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
hmm i have a queston.. why does the browser icon has a nasty AT&T logo on it? how do i change it to the stock icon?

Silberc

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
hahaha LOL they (the company) have to try reaaaaly hard to earn at least some of my respect... but the truth is... they don't give a s$%t about their customers

:cool:
Truth is I want to switch to Sprint/Verizon anyway....have you seen the EVO 3D?
by the time my contract expires they'll have a EVO 5G 4D with the 4.5 inch screen and a battery that runs on nuclear power and lasts forever.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
:cool:
Truth is I want to switch to Sprint/Verizon anyway....have you seen the EVO 3D?
by the time my contract expires they'll have a EVO 5G 4D with the 4.5 inch screen and a battery that runs on nuclear power and lasts forever.

I really want to see Evo 3D I even told to my wife that we gonna visit a Sprint store while we were in Manhattan yesterday but we didnt see any on our way LOL But yes I want to see how it looks like.
and i'm on a same boat here, once the contract expires I'll be switching to either Sprint or Verizon, hope they'll have a really nice smartphone selection by that time.

Silberc

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Its pretty much the same as the DS 3D if you've ever seen those....

The screen is pretty much only 3D when looking at it directly.

Im still pretty pissed at ATT now that I think about it....they gave me a literal 2 year plan...my next upgrade is 12/01/2012...
last time It was only a year, apparantly now they give a year+Months?

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Its pretty much the same as the DS 3D if you've ever seen those....

The screen is pretty much only 3D when looking at it directly.

Im still pretty pissed at ATT now that I think about it....they gave me a literal 2 year plan...my next upgrade is 12/01/2012...
last time It was only a year, apparantly now they give a year+Months?

yes.... these bastards did the same thing to me... not mention the fact i had to fight for it after i returned POS blackberry torch back to them...

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
to jonneh: let us know if it worked for you. good luck!

Well, after unrooting (was a waste of time to root it for the 1 day it was rooted after all, lol), the Moto software DID find "an update" for me, it said, contrary to what my phone has told me constantly for several months now no matter if I was on wifi or not, full battery or not. I thought it was upgrading me to the 4.1.8.3 or whatever, but it went straight to GB! I was surprised when I saw the notification bar at the top.

However, it's kind of bittersweet right now...I mean, yeah, I'm happy as hell to finally have GB but uh, my phone is laggy as sh$it!:-\ not too happy with that part. Swiping homescreens is far from instant. How did UPGRADING end up DOWNGRADING some of my phone's performance? I'm still playing with it a bit, but the more I do, the more I hate it. It was never instaneous before, but it was a helluva lot better than what it is now.

Should I get rid of ADWFree? What do you suggest? :-\ At least we're both finally on GB! *high five*! :cool:

EDIT: Perhaps ADWFree doesn't play well with Gingerbread yet?
EDIT 2: Okay, in the stickied "Gingerbread Issues/Thoughts" thread at the top of the atrix forums, I asked if anyone else's phone was lagged now when it wasn't before, and I got a super quick response from someone that theirs is definitely lagged now, too. Great. *sigh* Dunno what to do at this point. I tell ya, android is fun as hell for some things but when you go through all this ****, it really makes you wonder if it's even worth it you know?

Last edited:

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, after unrooting (was a waste of time to root it for the 1 day it was rooted after all, lol), the Moto software DID find "an update" for me, it said, contrary to what my phone has told me constantly for several months now no matter if I was on wifi or not, full battery or not. I thought it was upgrading me to the 4.1.8.3 or whatever, but it went straight to GB! I was surprised when I saw the notification bar at the top.

However, it's kind of bittersweet right now...I mean, yeah, I'm happy as hell to finally have GB but uh, my phone is laggy as sh$it!:-\ not too happy with that part. Swiping homescreens is far from instant. How did UPGRADING end up DOWNGRADING some of my phone's performance? I'm still playing with it a bit, but the more I do, the more I hate it. It was never instaneous before, but it was a helluva lot better than what it is now.

Should I get rid of ADWFree? What do you suggest? :-\ At least we're both finally on GB! *high five*! :cool:

EDIT: Perhaps ADWFree doesn't play well with Gingerbread yet?
EDIT 2: Okay, in the stickied "Gingerbread Issues/Thoughts" thread at the top of the atrix forums, I asked if anyone else's phone was lagged now when it wasn't before, and I got a super quick response from someone that theirs is definitely lagged now, too. Great. *sigh* Dunno what to do at this point. I tell ya, android is fun as hell for some things but when you go through all this ****, it really makes you wonder if it's even worth it you know?
wow interesting... congrats on GB though! it doesnt lag on me at all. I installed Launcher Pro cuz i hated revised motosh&%t after playing with it for the first 5 minutes... installed my apps, and had like a 30 minute google videochat with my friend and it was perfect! nothing lags or anything like that. it did lag immediatly after the upgrade but i did a factory reset... so maybe you should do that as well... its always a good idea to reset the phone after a major upgrade. dont use the backup software though, start from a clean reset its always good for optimal performance. good luck and enjoy you new phone! :)

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
wow interesting... congrats on GB though! it doesnt lag on me at all. I installed Launcher Pro cuz i hated revised motosh&%t after playing with it for the first 5 minutes... installed my apps, and had like a 30 minute google videochat with my friend and it was perfect! nothing lags or anything like that. it did lag immediatly after the upgrade but i did a factory reset... so maybe you should do that as well... its always a good idea to reset the phone after a major upgrade. dont use the backup software though, start from a clean reset its always good for optimal performance. good luck and enjoy you new phone! :)

Thanks, you too! :) I'd do a factory reset but I really don't feel like redoing everything from scratch again...I had to do that twice before and it was so annoying and took me forever to set up my homescreens how I had them before the reset. That's why I wanted to do a nandroid backup this time before upgrading to GB but we both know how well that turned out. Oh well, I seem to have fixed the lag to some extent by getting rid of the widgets that said "Problem loading widget" after the update. That was an immediate help.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Nice. I leave the Atrix and GB pops up with new MotoBlur. UGH! Its alright though, its coming soon for me. Enjoy guys!

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
If you are already rooted, will you get a notification for GB? I am and still haven't got an update yet:confused:...
its gonna start on 26 in a mean time check manualy or download the installation file from motorola.com on your sd card.

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I think I can wait for 3 more days... I just had a phone conv. with AT&T rep and he said that only 1000 people recieved the official OTA notifications but it should really start on July 26. which is basicallly the same thing what Motorola tech support told me.
sk8trix How did you download your update? did you manually check it through the settings? I think it probably has something to do with the serial number of the phone being queued for update... idk why it worked for some people but its rejecting mine. I mean thats purely my guess i might be totally wrong lol but I'll wait until 26.....

I downloaded it OTA though now I wish I did the pudding version so I could still use rsd

Anyone know how I can flash the leaked version if I'm using the OTA.....I wanna unlockvmy BL and do webtop hack.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ijulnesia