Anyone using an AT&T Microcell with the Atrix?

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I have the AT&T Microcell. I have always thought the Microcell was a 3G device. The Atrix connected right away and I see the H+. One of my utility apps state that 3G is off on the phone. I'm a bit confused. :confused:

I have had the Atrix drop a call twice while on the Microcell. My Nexus 1 never dropped a call. Then I was on a 30 minute call without any trouble.

So, I was wondering if anybody else has had any experience with the Microcell.

anon(167551)

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I could be wrong, but I believe I read that the Atrix only has Edge and H+ coverage notifiers. Therefore if you we on anything greater than edge (ie. 3G) the icon would say H+.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have the AT&T Microcell. I have always thought the Microcell was a 3G device. The Atrix connected right away and I see the H+. One of my utility apps state that 3G is off on the phone. I'm a bit confused. :confused:

I have had the Atrix drop a call twice while on the Microcell. My Nexus 1 never dropped a call. Then I was on a 30 minute call without any trouble.

So, I was wondering if anybody else has had any experience with the Microcell.

well maybe im wrong i dont have AT&T so feel free to tell me im a dummy and get out but doesnt 3G shut off when you are using H+ i dont think they can run simultaneously . and the Data speeds doesnt have anything to do with radio signal, so you can have H+ and still have bad radio signal

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your feedback.
I've made a couple more test calls and had no trouble. Hopefully the 2 disconnects were an aberration.

anto0102

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
We just got a microcell in the office at work. Works great on my Samsung Infuse and an iPhone 4, another co-worker has an Atrix - TOTALLY different story. She drops more calls on it, than off of it. Weird.

shashankmittal

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Have been using a Microcell with Atrix 4G for about 6 months now. It does drop calls sometimes, but not always. It shows H+ and as others have pointed out, it shows the H+ icon whenever the speed is better than standard 3G.

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
So, it's been quite awhile since I first got the Atrix in February. For a stretch of several months the Atrix and the microcell played together very nicely. No issues at all. The the latest OTA update came and that was the end of that story. Now the Atrix will connect for a day, maybe 2. Then it will randomly put up a red circle over the reception bars at the top of the screen and simply disconnect from all cell reception. This can happen every few hours, or once every few days. There's no pattern, other than this only happens when I'm at home with the microcell. Other people have had this happen also. There's a thread on the XDA and the Moto forums about this.
This is very frustrating. I have had to keep the microcell turned off. Better to have a weak connection, than no connection. I don't expect a fix. I mean how many Atrix users have a microcell? I doubt Motorola will bother putting any resources on something like this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non