Email Count Notification

alexwolf1216

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to see how many new emails are in the inbox? It works on the iPhone and EVO, but it doesnt seem to show on this one. Am I just missing something? Im talking about the count on the upper right side of the icon by the way.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
For me it will only show the icon notification for the Gmail account you used when you first set up the phone. It becomes the primary account... same goes with the market. Purchased apps are registered to the gmail account used when setting up the phone. Hopefully they change this in the future.

Is it the account you used when you set up the phone or one that you added afterwards?

alexwolf1216

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, its the only one. I did add it to the Email so it would show in the messages widget, but I dont really think I like it too much so I will take it of. What about text messages? I dont get a count on those either.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
There's a gmail widget in the market that'll show your new email count on your homepage.

Not sure if that helps you, but thought I'd mention it.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
If your on the Stock UI (Motoblur) you cant have the notifications for messages show unless you download a widget from the market. Now if you go with launcherpro, I do believe it will allow you to show the notifications next to the icons for like missed calls, emails and text messages. If I was you, I would get Launcher Pro or ADW Launcher EX. There both fantastic launchers that make everything more customizable.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
If your on the Stock UI (Motoblur) you cant have the notifications for messages show unless you download a widget from the market. Now if you go with launcherpro, I do believe it will allow you to show the notifications next to the icons for like missed calls, emails and text messages. If I was you, I would get Launcher Pro or ADW Launcher EX. There both fantastic launchers that make everything more customizable.

+1.... just read its a Motorolla thing... when I had my DroidX I switched the Launcher when I first got it so never realized it. Launcher Pro works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chibisaurus