Market and Gmail sync issues

OrangesOfCourse

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm having a few issues with my Atrix. My phone doesn't seem to be in sync with the online market place. If I select an app on the android market web interface it will inform me that the app had been sent to my phone but nothing happens. I have made sure I'm signed into Google Talk, reinstalled the market place update, and have even restored to factory settings to no avail. At this point I'm not really sure what else I can do.

Another issues I'm having is that Push is not working on Gmail. I have to manually go into it and refresh to check for new messages. I have updated to the latest Gmail app and have double checked the sync settings in the account preferences to no avail. Any advice?

Thanks for you help!

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
In the marketplace webtop, does it show your phones model listed as the source its sending the application to? I have switched through Android handsets and the market knows all of them.

You have the lastest Gmail app. Under settings>accounts and sync does it show everything under sync? Like your Calendar, Email, Contacts etc? If it does and its still not working, delete the account. Then re-add it. Add it to youtube and google talk. Give that a try.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Are you talking about going to the marketplace online (via PC) and then clicking that link and it says "Sending to phone" and you select your phone and it says "OK cool, it'll be sent to your phone shortly!" and it never arrives? Yeah, same issue here. I've tried about 5-10 different apps like that.
Eventually I realized going to the app store online and sending it to my phone like that was dumb anyway. App Brain was better - it gave me barcodes to scan which immediately sent my phone to the correct app in the mobile market to download and install.

As for Gmail, if you're talking about specifically right now, my gmail isn't updating correctly either. On my PC I am getting an email quicker than it is showing up on my phone. In fact I just made a post about it http://forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-atrix/64554-gmail-frequency.html. Hopefully it doesn't last.

Jeryl31

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm having a few issues with my Atrix. My phone doesn't seem to be in sync with the online market place. If I select an app on the android market web interface it will inform me that the app had been sent to my phone but nothing happens. I have made sure I'm signed into Google Talk, reinstalled the market place update, and have even restored to factory settings to no avail. At this point I'm not really sure what else I can do.

Another issues I'm having is that Push is not working on Gmail. I have to manually go into it and refresh to check for new messages. I have updated to the latest Gmail app and have double checked the sync settings in the account preferences to no avail. Any advice?

Thanks for you help!

I am having the same issue with my Atrix, i sent out a app to be on my phone and doesn't show anything that it is downloading or anything. Kind of odd because it worked perfectly when I was using the Market from a computer to my device. Someone please help on this?

tanda4

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Cannot figure out why. After many hours phone downloads sync with the Market, but not from market to phone.

OrangesOfCourse

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
In the marketplace webtop, does it show your phones model listed as the source its sending the application to? I have switched through Android handsets and the market knows all of them.

You have the lastest Gmail app. Under settings>accounts and sync does it show everything under sync? Like your Calendar, Email, Contacts etc? If it does and its still not working, delete the account. Then re-add it. Add it to youtube and google talk. Give that a try.

Sorry for the late reply. Busy days. :(

My phone is listed under the online market and I'm able to send to phone. It tells me that it will download on the phone shortly but that never happens. It used to work when i first got the phone but its not working anymore. :(

I think the Gmail issue has solved itself. I'm getting push Gmail again. Maybe it was something on the Google back end...? Not really sure.

Are you talking about going to the marketplace online (via PC) and then clicking that link and it says "Sending to phone" and you select your phone and it says "OK cool, it'll be sent to your phone shortly!" and it never arrives? Yeah, same issue here. I've tried about 5-10 different apps like that.
Eventually I realized going to the app store online and sending it to my phone like that was dumb anyway. App Brain was better - it gave me barcodes to scan which immediately sent my phone to the correct app in the mobile market to download and install.

As for Gmail, if you're talking about specifically right now, my gmail isn't updating correctly either. On my PC I am getting an email quicker than it is showing up on my phone. In fact I just made a post about it http://forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-atrix/64554-gmail-frequency.html. Hopefully it doesn't last.

That's the exact issue i'm having with the market place. I've actually found it to be quite useful and would love to have it back! Don't really wanna switch to App Brain.

Gmail is working again so maybe it was something on the Google back end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez