New Silicone Ringke Case for the Motorola Atrix 4G

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
DSCN4928.jpg

Well the good folks over at Rearth have sent me a Ringke Silicone Case to check out.

I must say. I was suprised when I opened the box it came in and noticed the silicone case was inside of another box. Now normally when I would buy those cheap silicone cases off of ebay, they sure wouldnt come inside of a box of there own. I was pretty suprised by that. So I went on ahead and opened the box up and was amazed at how thin the case is. Very flexible of course also. But what got me the most was the fact that the feeling was totally different then any other silicone cases I have ever owned. They call this there "surface etching design and high polymer coating" and it helps to make the case fit the phone slim, and perfect. Also enhanced for non-slip protection and toughness.

Precisely cut to fit the Atrix perfectly. Also has very nice openings for all acessable ports, speaker, fingerprint scanner, 3.5mm headjack and Mic. Has a nice little dip on the front where the FFC is. They even carry little ports to actually stick in the hole where the 3.5mm jack is. Also has your little nubs for the volume rocker. Nice touch to it. Definatly not a cheap quality case. Since the case comes in at $16.99, its not deep on the pockets for a quality item. Most of those ebay cases I would get were thick and gummy. But for the price, you can expect that. Check out some of the pictures. They have a handful of colors to select from. They also carry screen protecters. And if your in the market for a nice fitting silicone case for your Atrix to add some grip or (take some of that heat out of your hand), Ringke is an extremely nice design. No bulkyness at all. Check out there site. Thanks to the guys over at Rearth USA for sending me this. Highly appreciated.

Rearth USA

DSCN4934.jpg

DSCN4933.jpg

DSCN4932.jpg

DSCN4931.jpg

DSCN4930.jpg

DSCN4929.jpg

Last edited:

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
So this might end up stretching after awhile too, huh? My Otterbox Impact series has stretched due to (I'm assuming) taking it off & on for the cardock and regular charging dock. I've had it maybe 2-2 1/2 months. Waste of money :( So if this is another rubber one, it will probably stretch in my use as well...still looking around. Another thread on here has me looking at the seido ACTIVE case seidioonline.com but I'm not sure yet. And it's more expensive.

By the way, thanks for this review!

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey no problem bud. Will this stretch? Negative. Its not the Gummy Silicone. Its tough silicone with some material they put in it to make it strong. You can bend it, but its not flimsy at all. I would consider this like thin polyurthane. I can pretty much garentee this wont stretch. Its actually really nice quality. If they make one for the Xoom, im gettin it :)

philharmonik

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Very nice! I currently have the Otterbox Defender, which is also very nice(protective wise), but the rubber case on it is very stretchy. I wish it was just a little bit tighter. I really like the built in screen protector on the defender as well. Saves me from having to put one on myself. I can never seem to get a screen protector on without getting a spec of dirt of dust underneath. No matter how careful or slow I put it on.
The defender is also VERY bulky and kinda hard to get in and out of your pocket if you dont use the belt clip attachment. I just might look into getting this case you have reviewed. It looks like the one my wife has on her Inspire!

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I am tempted to buy this, but I'm wondering...is it comparable to the protection added with an Otterbox Impact series case? I'm more about the protection than the "awesome colors" and whatnot on their site :\

AndroiderX

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
OP: how much slack/"wiggle room" is there when putting on/off? Is it easy to take off with the right amount of tightness?

I hate how the cheaper fleebay cases are too loose when on the phone and too easy to take off.

shb

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
how is compared to the Incipio feather interm of protection ? just wondering as the feather does not seem to offer enough protection to the screen area as the case is almost flash with the screen and there are some opening on top and bottom...

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Not to be messed up but they sent me one and it was riped.straight out of the box which really bummed me out.the color and feel are really nice but mine was riped at the hdmi port area so i had to go back yo my other one.I guess its just my bad luck.

=(
Edit* the case is very nice quality and i would deffinately buy one because it is good what happened with mine might be an isolated case of bad luck.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Contact them & let them know! Either get a replacement sent back to you, or at least your money reimbursed in the bank. :)

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Well its ok i didnt buy it it was free.I didnt really lose anything.it is cool looking though.I did contact them so who knows either way im not really that worried about it.

Last edited:

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
lol how did you get it free? Well either way, when I would talk with Chuck (A member that works for there team) He was helpful with everything and always got back to me. So Im sure they would send you a replacement.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Just bought it. Cases are my "thing".

Thanks for the recommendation.

Very impressed with this case. Fits nice and snug. While not really "grippy" it does make the Atrix less slippery while not collecting lint when in the pocket. Hope it maintains it shape and this is now my everyday case.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
lol how did you get it free? Well either way, when I would talk with Chuck (A member that works for there team) He was helpful with everything and always got back to me. So Im sure they would send you a replacement.

i recieved a private message from the company offering to send me one for free to test out. Of course I didnt check the message until the one I paid for arrived. LOL. Guess I should check my messages more often!!

Reactions: Terrigno

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Very impressed with this case. Fits nice and snug. While not really "grippy" it does make the Atrix less slippery while not collecting lint when in the pocket. Hope it maintains it shape and this is now my everyday case.

Let me know if it maintains its shape. That's my main question with this case, because otterbox Impact did not, after taking it off & back on to use the atrix docks daily, over a course of 2 months, it stretched incredibly :\

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
they were real cool about it and offered to replace it since i had gotten it for free from them anyways but i had already fixed the rip on the case by melting that little section together again so i told these guys not to worry.I should have said yea but i like the case and was determined to fix it so i could let go of my old one it was thicker and it made the phone bulkier which i didnt like.This case so far is working out pretty good