[ROM] Serendipity

The Rambler

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Flashed Serendipity last night and so far I am liking it... How ever I do not see a mail app. Am I seeing that correct? Was there not one put on this version?

krazykieffer

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I love this Rom but I cannot get any music to play through my Car cradle. I downloaded a few different versions of the froyo car docks that worked while I was stock but cannot for the life of me to get it to work. Anyone have any ideas? Do any ROMs work with the car cradle even?

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
It is the kernel that needs to support this, not the ROM. Flash a kernel that has the dock fix applied. Xcaliburinhand has it in his kernel sources, and I know Firebird 2 has it working fine.

Reactions: krazykieffer

krazykieffer

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I used SGS kernal to flash Firebird, it looked like it installed but for some reason when I boot up i just see the notification bar and cant open or do anything. Did I do something wrong? I think now my only option seems to be is to go back to Odin and flash back :-(

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I used SGS kernal to flash Firebird, it looked like it installed but for some reason when I boot up i just see the notification bar and cant open or do anything. Did I do something wrong? I think now my only option seems to be is to go back to Odin and flash back :-(

You should still be able to get to Recovery, and from there you can mount USB storage and copy over firebird 2 again. Then apply the zip from Recovery. Maybe a bad download or copy.

If that still doesn't "make it go", then I would do the same method and flash back whatever kernel you were coming from in Recovery.

As to what might have gone wrong... well hell, did you forget to think positive thoughts? Don't forget to dodge those Gamma Ray Bursts. :) Stuff happens.

EDIT- I don't mean to sound ornery... up late with sick baby. Sometimes I think Murphy and his Law just smack you in the face, much more often if you flash smartphones too.

Last edited:
Reactions: krazykieffer

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

Firefly might not be compatible with Serendipity (the fugu tweaks don't work well with older kernels). Just flash another one, you should be fine.

You should still be able to get to Recovery, and from there you can mount USB storage and copy over firebird 2 again. Then apply the zip from Recovery. Maybe a bad download or copy.

If that still doesn't "make it go", then I would do the same method and flash back whatever kernel you were coming from in Recovery.

As to what might have gone wrong... well hell, did you forget to think positive thoughts? Don't forget to dodge those Gamma Ray Bursts. :) Stuff happens.

EDIT- I don't mean to sound ornery... up late with sick baby. Sometimes I think Murphy and his Law just smack you in the face, much more often if you flash smartphones too.

Sheen's Law: Use more Tigerblood.

Too early for a Charlie Sheen reference? :p

stylez619

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I've had the wierdest quirk with this ROM. It works perfectly... until I change the wallpaper, then it all goes to hell, lol. Mainly, my network connection completly disconnects everytime I get an incomming call. It rings for literally half a second, quits, and my network bars go black with an little X.

I reflashed and again it was perfect until I changed the wallpaper. I think I may have to ODIN and flash from there but I didn't feel that ambitious yesterday. Flashed back to Cognition and everything is back to normal.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Are you by change restoring from TitBu right around when you change the wallpaper? The problem you describe sounds like what happens if you restore system data and not just apps.

Reactions: stylez619

stylez619

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Well, I was excited because all logc told me that would have been the problem. I reflashed, and after doing the TitBu backup for only apps and data (no system data), it still rejects incoming calls and cuts off the network temporarily. An error dialogue box pops up but it's so fast I cant even read the headline, let alone the description.

Any other advise besides ODIN?

All other data features work. Text, MMS, Market, Web... even outgoing calls. Just incoming calls are affected.

RHAVERFIELD

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
So I tried to follow the exact directions on page 2. Downloaded both files. Renames clockwork to update.zip. Connected phone to PC, took both files over to phone. Did the shutdown. Turned back on into boot menu , I select reinstall packages and i get an error stating, E: Can't open / sdcard/update.zip (no such file or directory). So booted back into regular mode connect to PC and the files are there. Anything i did wrong?

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Never ever rename anything to update.zip. Nowhere should have told you to do that.
EDIt- Ah, I see what directions you were following. I jumped on that renaming to update.zip... that is a common mis-step, though in this case I think you did not make a mistake.

Make sure you copied the update.zip to the internal SD card, root of it, not in a subfolder. If it will not take it, make sure you look at the files from MY FILES on the phone; if your computer is hiding extensions from you, you might have the update.zip.zip problem referred to in that post. If you look from the phone, it should be obvious if you have that problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: RHAVERFIELD

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Well, I was excited because all logc told me that would have been the problem. I reflashed, and after doing the TitBu backup for only apps and data (no system data), it still rejects incoming calls and cuts off the network temporarily. An error dialogue box pops up but it's so fast I cant even read the headline, let alone the description.

Any other advise besides ODIN?

All other data features work. Text, MMS, Market, Web... even outgoing calls. Just incoming calls are affected.

What happens if you do NO TitBu? If you leave it totally plain jane after the flash, does it all work? Have you had other ROMs using i9000 modems work without much problem?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38