Call not going through headphones on rooted 2.2 captivate

MakaiOokami

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
So I did the Odin stuff, and got 2.2 on my phone from Odin, I rooted it, and things are going good, but 1 thing that's changed since I started this process, is that I'm unable to get my calls, to go through my headset.

I'd much rather have my phone in my shirt pocket, and just start talking when I get a call, rather than hold the phone to my head and ever since I"ve had the phone I got used to holding the phone in weird ways, no where near my head, as the output from my phone heads through my headphone cables.

Is there something I'm missing in the options somewhere, (checked the sound and call settings) or an app that will allow me to have the phone call go through my headphones?

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I think you need a non-Captivate ROM to get this feature... one of the i9000 ones. What are you running now? Rooted 2.2... Rogers or did you load a custom ROM?

MakaiOokami

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, knowing the ROM you're currently running would be helpful

I don't even know what rom I'm running. I rooted, I used Odin3 1 click to revert to stock, it gave me 2.2 instead of 2.1, I had to use Zroot to re-root after sideloading it.

2.632.9 Jetaek.lee@sep-11 #1

is the Kernal Version

Build Number is Froyo.UCJI6

I was going to run Cyanogen Mod but any time I go to the recovery menu and reinstall packages it gives me the error "Can not obtain Signature" or something along those lines and it stops. So I don't know how to change my ROM at that point.

I was following the videos on the Android Central Forums How-Tos but when they used Odin 1 click they got the stock Captivate 2.1 and I got the Captivate 2.2 (I assume from over seas releases?) but I didnt' provide too much detail, because I was hoping there would be a quick easy app fix. My end goal was to get 2.2 or 2.3 on this phone anyway so this is more of a bug fix inquiry.

I'm used to mods and things of that nature. I end up hacking most of my electronics if I can get added functionality by doing so.

the3dgm

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
You have to use Odin 1-Click 2.1 to get 2.1 and you used Odin 1-Click 2.2. You may want to watch the videos again.

ac3156

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I too have exact situation. I rooted, switched to 2.2and loaded perception ROM.
I can't get the headset to work for calls. I also am trying to use choice caller app, but still no sucess . This use to work before!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa