Captivate or Wait?

GQ50

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
The only place I have seen her iphone out do my phone is battery life, but iphones have the edge on that compared to really all phones.

Not any more, with interchangable batteries being done now, lol. It has been found that the Samsung Epic 4G Touch's 1800 mAh battery fits the Cappy and provided 15% to 25% more usable time on the Cappy. I'd still wait and save your money for possibly the SGS2 or the next big thing "Galaxy Note :) ".

yangstyle

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's a good middleground between the Captivate amd the GS II. Just too bad it hasn't seen Gingerbread yet. Not sure if it'll see ICS.

Sent from my Samsung Captivate

Just curious what you mean by "middleground". My other choice was a Motorola Atrix (original version). Maybe I should consider returning it before the trial period ends.

unglued94ta

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
the Infuse is a captivate with a bigger screen, slightly overclocked processor, and front facing camera. the GS2 (in any form) is superior to either the captivate or infuse. i personally own both a captivate (still use every day) and a GS2. Touchwiz 4.0 is light years ahead of 3.0 and even has some of the inticing features of ICS built it to it even though it's running gingerbread. i can understand though how finaces play a big part in someone's decision. if it were me, i'd trade the infuse back in, buy a used captivate online somewhere used and ROM it with CM7. my rommed captivate pulls in quadrant benchmark scores as high as my friends stock GB atrix.

yangstyle

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
the Infuse is a captivate with a bigger screen, slightly overclocked processor, and front facing camera. the GS2 (in any form) is superior to either the captivate or infuse. i personally own both a captivate (still use every day) and a GS2. Touchwiz 4.0 is light years ahead of 3.0 and even has some of the inticing features of ICS built it to it even though it's running gingerbread. i can understand though how finaces play a big part in someone's decision. if it were me, i'd trade the infuse back in, buy a used captivate online somewhere used and ROM it with CM7. my rommed captivate pulls in quadrant benchmark scores as high as my friends stock GB atrix.

I could have gotten a Captivate for free as well. However, I figure I like the front facing camera since I do skype with friends sometimes.

For the record, the specs were probably fourth down on my list as an area of concern for choosing a phone. They went in this order:

1. Non-iOS
  2. Application availability
  3. Price
  4. Hardware

On the Application availability, I just had to make sure there were Android apps for things I alread did on my iPhone.

unglued94ta

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Right on man. Bottom line is making sure that YOU are happy with YOUR purchase. Good luck. If I hadn't heard about the gs2 in the first place I probably would have bought the infuse.

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Just curious what you mean by "middleground". My other choice was a Motorola Atrix (original version). Maybe I should consider returning it before the trial period ends.

Meaning the Infuse is a bigger, slightly better Captivate, but not as good spec-wise as the S2/Skyrocket.

yangstyle

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I see what you mean.

I am sure that before the year is out, I'll get the itch to upgrade to the Samsung Note. In fact, I already want it. We'll see what happens if my financial situation improves.:p

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking at the Note as well, however I don't know if I want to spend $500 (after insurance) for a phablet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87