Get Pixel 8 or wait for S24?

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I have S22 now with zero issues, but to upgrade to Pixel 8 its only $125 bucks. The question I have is, How is the signal on Pixel 8? I heard ton of posts that Pixel 8 using old modem and it has signal issues. Was it fixed?

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
If you like using the S22, I'd wait until the S24 launches. Samsung usually gives good trade-in credit for their previous devices. Also, a lot depends on your network coverage where you frequent. I have the S23 Ultra and the Pixel 8 Pro. I keep them both because each offers something the other doesn't. My Pixel has faster 5G and WIFI speeds, but my S23U has stronger reception, most of the time.

Reactions: jbjtkbw007

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
If you like using the S22, I'd wait until the S24 launches. Samsung usually gives good trade-in credit for their previous devices. Also, a lot depends on your network coverage where you frequent. I have the S23 Ultra and the Pixel 8 Pro. I keep them both because each offers something the other doesn't. My Pixel has faster 5G and WIFI speeds, but my S23U has stronger reception, most of the time.
Ideally yes S24 would be better, but it's not going to be $125, my guess would be about $350 minimum with S22 tradein
I have pretty weak signal at work, afraid it will be zero with Pixel

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Samsung will have better modem for signal but my 8pro been great guess it be the area your in for pixel 8 and I've heard complaints about it also

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I don’t have any trouble, but I make relatively few phone calls, and at home I enjoy a -98 dBm signal strength or better, most of the time.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
My P8P has better reception and call quality when I'm using the network connection over wifi calling (I hate that sound when using that). It's been fantastic and I've had mine since it dropped.

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't want to rely on wifi. I see the trend that people switch to Samsung for hardware and to Google for software.
I too hate bloat on phone and Samsung has tons of features and apps that I don't even use (I did remove many of them via adb). But I also prefer to use many Samsung apps not Google....Gallery app, Calendar, Notes, Files.....
The app that I use the most during the day is Reminders (for Notes) and after using it for awhile I really hate Google Notes and just don't see myself using anything else. I wish Samsung would let people use their apps on other phones.

S22 is not mine, so this Pixel 8 or S24 wouldn't be for me either. I am on S23U and planning to get S24+ or Ultra again

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I had the Pixel 8 Pro for a week before returning to my S22+. I loved my Pixel 4 XL and thought I'd be happy going back to Pixel, but there were things I definitely missed about One UI even with the bloatware on Samsung! I even prefer the screen on the S22+ and was also noticing a bad yellow tint on the P8P. If your friend is used to Samsung right now, they might wanna check out the S24 line before deciding. I also wanted to mention the signal quality of my Samsung was better in my place than the P8P.

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't want to rely on wifi. I see the trend that people switch to Samsung for hardware and to Google for software.
I too hate bloat on phone and Samsung has tons of features and apps that I don't even use (I did remove many of them via adb). But I also prefer to use many Samsung apps not Google....Gallery app, Calendar, Notes, Files.....
The app that I use the most during the day is Reminders (for Notes) and after using it for awhile I really hate Google Notes and just don't see myself using anything else. I wish Samsung would let people use their apps on other phones.

S22 is not mine, so this Pixel 8 or S24 wouldn't be for me either. I am on S23U and planning to get S24+ or Ultra again
That's a very amusing concept considering how feature poor and unreliable pixel software is.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos