AT&T Captivate - Samsung Support?

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
This will be the first Samsung device I purchase but if you have issue with it you'll be talking to AT&T anyways.

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
This is a MEGA line/branding of phones. It'll be supported, not only by Samsung, but the Dev community.

I fully expect Jerry and I to release custom ROMs for it. :D

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
This is a MEGA line/branding of phones. It'll be supported, not only by Samsung, but the Dev community.

I fully expect Jerry and I to release custom ROMs for it. :D

Who's this Jerry guy you speak of? ;)

My 2c:
Samsung makes quality hardware. Their software sucks, but in this case they're letting Google build most of it. Hopefully the issues with the Moment don't plague the Galaxy S devices, but if they do, this device will be supported by the dev community like no other.

true911

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
To the OP:

Samsung makes a great device and supplies no external software with it, nor directions where to start looking for it. As a result, if you're a Windows user and plug in to USB, you'll see a swarm of detected devices for which you have no support.

I'm not a helpless user, and though I can access the tab storage and installed Kies without difficulty, there still remain two detected items for which I can't find support and have no idea of their purpose.