where are pics and videos stored

alphadog

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I must be missing the obvious - i have my pics and videos set to store on the phone, but I can't find them.

Anyone know the path to these? I have looked and I am at a loss, but the phone is configured to store them on the phone and not on the SD card.

Thanks!

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Download a file manger app (I like Astro) just search in the market and you'll find one. From there you will see more of what is stored in the memory and should be able to find your pics quickly.

alphadog

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Download a file manger app (I like Astro) just search in the market and you'll find one. From there you will see more of what is stored in the memory and should be able to find your pics quickly.

I have Astro file manager, but I guess I need to find its search function.

I was hoping someone knew the path - NP, i will find it.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
On my phone, it is under the DCIM/Camera folders. Just click the home icon on the top of Astro to find the DCIM folder. Hope that helps.

alphadog

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks,

I found it a while ago. It was the confusion of the paths not the folders:

/SDCard
/SDCard/SD

Where the first is internal storage and the second is the external SD card.

bgoodr

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
An unfortunate necrobump:

Since 2010, things seem to have changed bit. On my somewhat "new" Samsung Galaxy Note 4 phone, the folders where images and videos are stored are confusing to me because "sdcard" apparently doesn't really mean the sdcard (what the ...?). Seeing as I'm probably not the only one who mistakenly thinks "sdcard" would mean what it should mean, the following is how I found where the files are really stored, first using the Camera app, and then the ES File Explorer app:

1. Open up the Camera app.
  2. Click on the photo icon. For my phone it is the bottom left corner[SUP]1[/SUP].
  3. Click somewhere in the middle of the photo to bring up some icons at the top, one of which is a "..." icon.
  4. Click on "More Info"
  5. Look under the Details section, and the last item is Path. There you will see something like /storage/extSdCard/DCIM/Camera/20150509_061006.jpg
  6. (Install and then) open a file browser app. For me, I used the ES File Explorer app.
  7. Click on the icon in the upper left.
  8. Click on / Device to view the root file system. This represents the first "/" in paths such as /storage/extSdCard/DCIM/Camera/20150509_061006.jpg
  9. Scroll down until you see the storage folder. Notice nearby in that list is the sdcard folder and that is stored on the phones internal memory, and not on the real SD card. Click on either one and keep drilling down until you see the Camera folder with the image and video files that might be stored there.
  10. Uh, "Might be"? Well, for me I had changed the settings[SUP]2[/SUP] in the camera app to store my photos and videos on the real sdcard in /storage/extSdCard/DCIM/Camera, and not in the default location which is in the /sdcard/DCIM/Camera folder.

[SUP]1[/SUP]I could post screenshots of these icons, but as of right now, I don't know how to easily control the size of the image attachments yet; pending question at attach smaller images question).

[SUP]2[/SUP]The settings that control where images and videos are stored, but does not allow you to specify the specific filesystem paths (which is baffling in and of itself!), are documented in Samsungs website: Where are my photos and videos stored on my Samsung Note® 4, and can I move them?.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non