Captivate general sluggishness and poor performance

BetaRoc

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Nice.

Went from 897 Quadrant Score to 1961. Worth a donate

Now to check out other stuff to do with root

*edit* Installed Unleash the Beast and cleaned up a few more things. Now my scores are breaking 2300

My battery life went from what I felt was very good before OCLF and UTB(heavy use and made it through the day), to piss poor. I barely used my phone at all today and it went COMPLETELY dead on me.

Anyone else experience a drop in battery life? I am thinking it may be the news widget that comes with UTB. Gonna delete it and see what happens.

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
My battery is the same but the oclf fixed my swype problem and hyper scroll after I did the ota update it screwed some things up.
My wifi is still f_ed up. My phone is not having the lag it did and my gps is still working excellent.
I'm going to stay on this and not do the froyo beta and wait. Reading to many problems popping up. I'm ok with the update and the lag fix for now.

gbrown2036

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I just recently did the OCLF after JH7 and my quadrant scores went way up but I didn't notice much of a performance difference...still lags a lot.

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
If you're seeing battery problems, maybe you need to recalibrate the battery?

I've seen a couple of posts about this, you might also want to search for "bump charging" and see if that helps the problem.

Hope this helps,

AoN

BetaRoc

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
After a full day of using it, I checked my usage through a battery widget and evidently I turned on 'check for updates' on an app called "Craigslist Checker" and it was totally hogging all my battery life. Turned it off and today I used my phone all day and when I got home at 5PM still have 30% left.

cyberranger

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Wow ... wow.

My Captivate had become almost unusable. Loading OCLF took me at least 2 hours because the phone was SO slow and would reboot spontaneously. Now my score is at 2177 (!) and it's like a new phone.

AT&T should send a text message to all Captivate users requesting they do this fix immediately!

s2h2golf

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Wow ... wow.

My Captivate had become almost unusable. Loading OCLF took me at least 2 hours because the phone was SO slow and would reboot spontaneously. Now my score is at 2177 (!) and it's like a new phone.

AT&T should send a text message to all Captivate users requesting they do this fix immediately!

Problem with that is OCLF voids your warranty since it requires root. Then again, maybe they would want you to do it!

cyberranger

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Problem with that is OCLF voids your warranty since it requires root. Then again, maybe they would want you to do it!

Yeah, I know. I've had this phone since it first came out on AT&T. I've tried really, really hard to not root it. But finally it came down to needing the darn thing to work like it should.

Anyway, I do pay for the insurance. If I have an issue and restore the phone to factory settings and still have the issue, seems the insurance would cover me.