calendar syncing issues

tkocher

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I use Outlook exchange and my calendar items that I input on my work computer show up on my phone, but when I am out and add an event to the calendar on my phone, it does not add the calendar to my work computer.

Is there a fix for this?

Also, does anyone know how to change the colors of the events on the phone? It's really hard to see an event on the purple background.

Thanks!

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Two ways that I know of to sync your phone to Outlook are:

1) downloading Companion Link from the app store and buying it for your PC ($40)

2) installing Windows Live on the phone & on your PC and installing the Windows Live Outlook connector on your PC. The drawback to this method is from the phone it will only sync the Windows Live calendar on your PC, not Outlook. If you enter the info on your PC Outlook calender it will sync both with the phone and the PC Windows Live calender. If you use Hotmail you should be using Windows Live.

I have been using method #2 but the best way I have found is method #1. You can test it for free for I think 30 days.

Perhaps someone else has another method that avoids paying $40 for the PC Companion Link software. I have held off buying the Companion Link software in hopes that is the case.

I just reread your post and missed the fact that you are using Outlook Exchange. I believe Companion Link still works with Exchange, going to their website would verify that. I'm not sure about the Windows Live solution.

Last edited:

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
MyPhoneExplorer

I just downloaded MyPhoneExplorer to my PC and the free app from the Marketplace to the phone and it appears to sync Outlook contacts & calender.

It also easily transfers documents from PC to phone & phone to PC.

Not sure if it works w/ Outlook Exchange though.

It seems MyPhoneExplorer has the same Outlook sync My Companion Link does for free.

Anybody else have experience with MyPhoneExplorer?