stock calendar doesn't sync wjth google

emmaston

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with samsung and at&t and they said that google doesn't support the syncing of the phone calendar to your Google calendar. My wife just lost all her appointments. Has anyone else come across this? I can add a task or appointment on the Google calendar and it'll show on the phone's calendar but if I add an appointment on the phone's calendar it will not sync to Google. Now I have to find a calendar that will sync with my google calendar.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
On the phones calendar, select to put the items on the Google calendar, not the phone calendar

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
On the phones calendar, select to put the items on the Google calendar, not the phone calendar

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Yes this. It is not defaulting (if you wish it do so) to your Google calendar

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes this. It is not defaulting (if you wish it do so) to your Google calendar

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

If this is really the solution, it's pretty sad that neither Samsung nor AT&T could tell the OP the answer. Thanks guys.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Joshua O

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I might add that once I switched it to post on my google calendar instead of the phone calendar, it stayed in that setting. So in essence, it was only a one time thing and now I use the stock calendar all the time without a hitch. Now if I enter something on my phone, it automatically shows up on my Nexus and my work Calendar (some configuring required)

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
You can also get calendar app called Calengoo. It will update native calendar and will sync with google. Has multiple choices for widgets also. Will sync both calendar and tasks also. I have done an extensive search and of all the apps out there including pocket informant, jorte etc. calengoo works the best. I did pay for the app but there is a free version.

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I am using the stock calendar app and it syncs fine with my Gmail, but you have to manually sync it. They really need to change that to automatically sync.

Correction: It seems you only have to manually sync if you want it to show on your computer right away.

I just entered an event on the phone and it showed on the computer after a little while. I don't know how often it syncs or where you can check it.

Last edited:

jonw9

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
How can you be sure which calendar is being displayed? Or change the one that is displayed?

Secondly, I can't find a way to try removing the Google account from my Galaxy S4.

rdmodlin

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem. Called AT&T they went into my phone & couldn't fine anything wrong. They said I would have to reset. Stilled had the same problem. But I found the answer. On your hand held, bring up you calendar. Push the + to make an entry. At the top of that window, you will see a drop down {calendar}. Select the Gmail calendar. I now sync both ways

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I posted this before. There is a widget called calengoo. It is functional. It can be set to update Google calendar and it will update your other calendars if you link them in settings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

jonw9

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Brilliant. That does it. Thank you!

Also, calendar entries made on the phone show in a different color than those synced with the Google calendar; you can select one, which shows the detail view, and then select the Google calendar. They will then sync properly.

I had the same problem. Called AT&T they went into my phone & couldn't fine anything wrong. They said I would have to reset. Stilled had the same problem. But I found the answer. On your hand held, bring up you calendar. Push the + to make an entry. At the top of that window, you will see a drop down {calendar}. Select the Gmail calendar. I now sync both ways

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that when I download the Google calendar that the Samsung calendar syncs. When the Google calendar isn't downloaded to the phone I will get an error.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87