Lock Screen Delay

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I just picked up a used note 2 on Craigslist last week. So far I'm loving the battery life (nexus 4 is my main device) and still adjusting to the screen size.

There seems to be a fairly substantial delay from the time I hit the power button until the screen comes on, at least a full second. I did a factory reset and it didn't help. I also rooted and installed CleanRom but it didn't make a difference. Is this delay common to all note 2s or specific to my device?

Thanks for reading.

Posted via Android Central App

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
So I posted this same question over in the Note 2 community on G+ and got a bunch of suggestions. Thought I would share the one that seems to have helped here in case anyone else has the same question.

Juan Huerta11:49 AM+5

By default, when you double-tap the home key, you'll launch straight into S Voice. That means when you press home, there's a very short pause while the phone waits for a second button press. To avoid this and have the home key immediately send you back to the home screen, you can disable the S Voice shortcut combo. To do this, load S Voice, then press the menu key and hit "Settings." Next, uncheck "Open via the home key." That's it -- with the shortcut combo disabled, the home button should respond immediately as opposed to with a very slight delay. Hopefully this helps 

supeman2mars

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
HI,
I find a issus for this problem.
Just kill the samsung process (run on background) and the phone start quickly.
(sorry for my english).
see you...;)