I need a . . . . . .

Joshua O

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, I am looking for a heimdall firmware package to revert back to a stock i317. I downloaded the stock rom and tried to use heimdall but I also lack the *.xml file to build the package myself. Can anyone help??
My very limited understanding leads me into this direction. . . . . . find and flash a heimdall (I use OSX) firmware pack with the stock rom, unroot (and hopefully return to stock recovery in the process of unrooting using the function built into Super SU) and viola! Back to a stock phone.

I really want to go back to the stock firmware, I could keep or lose root and it wouldn't matter much to me but I would like to have that option.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, I am looking for a heimdall firmware package to revert back to a stock i317. I downloaded the stock rom and tried to use heimdall but I also lack the *.xml file to build the package myself. Can anyone help??
My very limited understanding leads me into this direction. . . . . . find and flash a heimdall (I use OSX) firmware pack with the stock rom, unroot (and hopefully return to stock recovery in the process of unrooting using the function built into Super SU) and viola! Back to a stock phone.

I really want to go back to the stock firmware, I could keep or lose root and it wouldn't matter much to me but I would like to have that option.

Galaxy devices like ODIN better than Heimdall. If you have the original ROM, you can try reloading it that way.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

I know how you feel, I only use Linux and have to use heimdall for my s3.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Joshua O

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy devices like ODIN better than Heimdall. If you have the original ROM, you can try reloading it that way.

I was afraid you were going to say that. . Getting my hands on a windows based computer might be a bit of a chore but I think that is what is going to have to happen.
Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I was afraid you were going to say that. . Getting my hands on a windows based computer might be a bit of a chore but I think that is what is going to have to happen.
Thanks

I think Samsung as a whole uses Windows, so all of the programs even the OS is built with it in mind. I would see if you have a friend who has one to sell. Windows XP, 7, or 8 will work.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Use boot camp on the mac if you have access to a windows OS disk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Joshua O

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Use boot camp on the mac if you have access to a windows OS disk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

It may come to that, but I shiver at the idea of intentionally installing windows on my mac. Yes, I AM one of those guys. My only real issue with my current setup is that neither is Kies or AFT like finding my phone with jedi installed.

Thanks everyone!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have installed windows on my old macbook that my wife uses. No fear about anything, as it uses a seperate drive space and all.

Besides, the main reasons I have seen screw up a windows install in my 20 some odd years of pc repair is user related involving the downloading of rogue apps or visiting nefarious sites on the internet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
It may come to that, but I shiver at the idea of intentionally installing windows on my mac. Yes, I AM one of those guys. My only real issue with my current setup is that neither is Kies or AFT like finding my phone with jedi installed.

Thanks everyone!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

I hated jedi. It was garbage when I tried it. Ive been using cleanrom since november, as new update are pushed by att or samsung the new cleanrom version come out almost immediately. I dont think ive ever had a single issue with it.

Anyhow I hope you get it sorted it out, this is one of those times I really cant say much to help, OSX isnt really my thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87