GPS has stopped working.. Again. Help :-\

Kdubbn

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a GN2 running 4.1.2 AT&T. I've had this particular phone less than 2 months and like my previous Notes my GPS has stopped working out of no where. No locking onto any satellites and other than a quick class or two of the GPS icon nothing else happens. This has got to be my chief company with my Notes. I don't understand, is it something I'm doing? AT&T does? I'm I destined to never no where I'm at our going as long as I have my beloved GN2?(ok a bit dramatic there) I've done everything tech support suggested and have tried various apps to try and help with the issue but to no avail. Any thoughts? I use my GPS alot so this is seriously a big issue. I really don't want to jus get another device, I want to know if it's me or something else. I appreciate any and all suggestions :)

Posted via Android Central App

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Kdubbn

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I will def try that man, I appreciate the info! Wondrrhowto is one of my favorite sites, never thought to check there lol.

Posted via Android Central App

Kdubbn

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm only throwing this out there because it worked for my Galaxy S3, so maybe the Note 2 has a similar "fix." The screws were actually loose:
The Super Simple Secret to Fixing Wonky GPS Problems on Your Samsung Galaxy S3 ? Samsung GS3 softModder

Again, just throwing it out there as a suggestion but I don't know if the Note 2 has similar problems or even a similar setup with screws to tighten. I do know on my GS3 (and my wife's) as soon as I did the above, all my GPS lock issues went away.

Well I'll be damned man. That actually worked. You have no idea how much you just helped me with that. I was just about to send it back to AT&T and just start from scratch. Thank you!!!!!!!!