screen timeout on call

waynezo

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I have screen timeout set to 10 min and proximity sensor set to off. When I'm on a phone call after 30 sec screen goes black and I have to hit the power button to get it back on although it is not locked.

Is there a fix for this?

Professor777

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the same annoying problem, but I had proximity sensor on. I just shut it off. I have not found a menu setting for it though.
I was wondering if it was a setting in my Juice Defender Ultimate. Are using Juice defender?

waynezo

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the same annoying problem, but I had proximity sensor on. I just shut it off. I have not found a menu setting for it though.
I was wondering if it was a setting in my Juice Defender Ultimate. Are using Juice defender?

Samsung confirmed it is not the proximity sensor. The phone is designed to timeout when on speaker phone after 30 sec and you can't turn off that setting. When you put the phone on any other screen then your personalized timeout preset will work as long as it is not the phone screen.

Not using juice defender

marose1

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the AT&T Galaxy Note with ICS 4.04 and experience the same behavior as described below:

When I make a call using speaker mode with the phone away from my ear, the screen dims after 12 seconds and the screen turns off after 31 seconds. This happens regardless of the following conditions:

-Screen Timeout set at 1 minute or 5 minutes
-Proximity sensor turned on or off
-Power saving turned on or off
-Screen Protector installed or removed with clean screen

The only exception to the above is that with the proximity sensor turned on, if I wave my hand over the proximity sensor, the screen will turn on and the 12 second (dim) and 30 second (screen off) cycle is repeated. If the proximity sensor is turned off, the only way that I can turn the screen back on is to push the power button.

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. I have a Galaxy Tab1 10.1 on Android 4.0.4 that was rooted to install a voice call hack from XDA-Developers (Samsung omitted the GSM voice call capability from the original 10.1 Tab, unbelievable!!) and while the call firmware/software worked first time on install, the calls kept timing out UNLESS I tapped the screen continually. I didn't think of swapping out of the call screen during the call, that workaround works perfectly!! Thanks again!!:D:D:D