Has anyone had to send their Note into Samsung Support?

Rambler358

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Purchased my Note from Amazon.com on 5/7/2012. Just recently I've noticed that the top left portion of the screen is loose - I can push it in, and also use my fingernail to lift it (but I didn't). The phone has never been dropped or abused, and the problem is not affecting the display at all. But I can see over time that dust and other matter could get into it. So I was wondering what the turn-around time might be if I was to send the phone to Samsung for repair?

PaulF

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
When I broke the glass on the screen they paid 2 day shipping each way and 5 days in the repair queue.

There is a plastic bezel around the screen that snaps in to the body with little tabs/catches along the sides. The corners at normally loose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Rambler358

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
When I broke the glass on the screen they paid 2 day shipping each way and 5 days in the repair queue.
Thanks for that info.

There is a plastic bezel around the screen that snaps in to the body with little tabs/catches along the sides. The corners at normally loose.
So you're saying the corners of the glass are normally loose? In my case, it's the top-left area of the glass that's loose and can be pressed in. The other 3 corners appear to be fine. I just wonder if this is an issue that could cause the other corners of the glass to become loose as well.

Thanks again for the reply. Before I go the Samsung return route, I'll see if I can get the phone insured through AT&T.

PaulF

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused. The glass edges are under the bezel and there is no way you can get a fingernail under the glass without removing the bezel. I assumed you were taking about the plastic being loose.

Rambler358

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused. The glass edges are under the bezel and there is no way you can get a fingernail under the glass without removing the bezel. I assumed you were taking about the plastic being loose.
No, the glass front plate covers all around the white area (I have the white version), and it's inlaid to be flush (or slightly recessed) with the outer edge. I've attached a (not so good) picture to give you a better idea - look at the top left area.

note.jpg

PaulF

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
OK, I am not confused any more. Samsung did a good job on my glass repair. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87