% chance att is out on 18th?

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
the infuse is still going for $199. Does this worry anyone that they may try to sell the GS2 at a higher price initially?

Good point, but no I do not think we will for the fact that the GS2 is not a successor to the Infuse. And the Infuse has a larger screen. I think both will cost the same or AT&T will drop the price of the Infuse when the GS2 is released.

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Shouldn't there be sites and businesses that do preorders before the official carrier launches it? I mean no word on preorders from wirefly, best buy, Costco, Target, Walmart.com etc etc. Preorders from these companies then a few units trickle into tech sites for review, then days before official launch people's preorders end up getting shipped then launch day. Isnt this the normal scenario? Yes the bionic did literally get a date only a few days before but it was in people's hands getting sneak peaks or up close and personal for reviews, from back office rooms to the front sales counter. I'll just expect sometime by next weekend or the one after. Something would have trickled by now.

travis442

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Shouldn't there be sites and businesses that do preorders before the official carrier launches it? I mean no word on preorders from wirefly, best buy, Costco, Target, Walmart.com etc etc. Preorders from these companies then a few units trickle into tech sites for review, then days before official launch people's preorders end up getting shipped then launch day. Isnt this the normal scenario? Yes the bionic did literally get a date only a few days before but it was in people's hands getting sneak peaks or up close and personal for reviews, from back office rooms to the front sales counter. I'll just expect sometime by next weekend or the one after. Something would have trickled by now.

I could easily see it coming out next week since Sprint's is coming out this week, combined with the fact that there are already 2 phones coming out for AT&T this weekend.

At this point I think I have accepted that its not going to come out this weekend no matter how much I want it to.

frozencloud

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I could easily see it coming out next week since Sprint's is coming out this week, combined with the fact that there are already 2 phones coming out for AT&T this weekend.

At this point I think I have accepted that its not going to come out this weekend no matter how much I want it to.

say it ain't so! seriously...if the launch date get push back to next month....i might as well wait to see what the iphone 5 or nexus prime got to offer.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Just talked to my local AT&T. Spoke to what sounded like a normal sales associate. He knew what a Galaxy SII was, said they haven't received in their shipments yet, but normally don't until a day or 2 before the launch (he said they are expecting the SII shipment by Friday.) He didn't have an offical "Yes, it'll be here Sunday" but he did say and I quote "Your best bet is to be here Sunday morning or call Saturday afternoon and we'll have a definite answer"

Seriously going to rage pretty hard if it doesn't come out on Sunday. Have the day planned off and everything.

travis442

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Just talked to my local AT&T. Spoke to what sounded like a normal sales associate. He knew what a Galaxy SII was, said they haven't received in their shipments yet, but normally don't until a day or 2 before the launch (he said they are expecting the SII shipment by Friday.) He didn't have an offical "Yes, it'll be here Sunday" but he did say and I quote "Your best bet is to be here Sunday morning or call Saturday afternoon and we'll have a definite answer"

Seriously going to rage pretty hard if it doesn't come out on Sunday. Have the day planned off and everything.

Based on some of the conversations that other people have had with sales reps at least he knew the phone that you were talking about. If they get shipments on Friday's I would expect something to leak tomorrow if it is going to come out Sunday.

dewhite04

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I seem to remember this was the case with the Captivate too. I remember it being a VERY soft launch for AT&T compared with the other carriers, and there being very little concrete confirmation that the phones would be in stores until a day or two before they came out.

If they don't surface this Sunday, I wouldn't count on seeing them until the next weekend because AT&T mostly releases new product only on Sundays...

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I seem to remember this was the case with the Captivate too. I remember it being a VERY soft launch for AT&T compared with the other carriers, and there being very little concrete confirmation that the phones would be in stores until a day or two before they came out.

If they don't surface this Sunday, I wouldn't count on seeing them until the next weekend because AT&T mostly releases new product only on Sundays...

Here's just one article but across the web they're pretty much the same. The Captivate was actually announced in the end of June, given a price and release date on the 8th of July and launched on July 18th

AT&T Reveals Release Date, Price for Samsung Captivate

bake

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, I guess there won't be an announcement today... Just have to look for something tomorrow. I'm hoping that guy on the other page was right about Sunday though.

Rhino79

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
This will be the first time I've purchased a phone at its release, so I have a question for you guys. Historically, when do the big box retailers start selling new phones relative to their AT&T release date? Do the AT&T stores always get them first? How soon after will Best Buy, Costco, etc. start selling them?

haison

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Here's to hoping. . . . but I haven't seen reviews from the big sites out yet so I am kind of worried it isn't coming out Sunday.

bake

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

I'm still wanting this guys post to be true. I had a similar experience with my local AT&T place with the kinda wink* wink* nudge* nudge* thing happening. He said that it certainly would be a good day to launch a new phone because they always get a refresh on Sundays... Idk anymore. Today's a new day and a good day to tell us something! C'mon AT&T! Make our weekend! lol

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking Sprint paid extra for some period of
domestic exclusivity. At least to be able to say they
launched it first. Still REALLY hoping ATT will have it
Sunday, just couldn't announce it earlier due to Sprint deal..
At minimum, I want this phone next weekend

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non