Pre-order info.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
We were talking about Best Buy's off contract pricing. We know AT&T is selling it for $549.99. I wonder if Best Buy is getting a kick back.

Typcially, 3rd party retailers ask for higher off contract price than AT&T because they mostly make money on your contract. Without contract, they make very little. Some don't even sell you off contract.

Reactions: mpazevedo

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I work with wireless advocate and we don't sell off contract. I believe is for that reason although we usually have the lowest prices and if not well match prices on contract.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

beandoc

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered my SGSII from Best Buy! I'm a little disheartened that the receipt says the expected date is 10/12/11, but I'm hoping that's just a placeholder in their computer system. They told me I was only the second person to preorder in their store.

I better get my SGSII on the 2nd, dangit! Worst case is I'll try to get it from a local AT&T store (I can't be there when they open Sunday, thus my desire to preorder) and just save my $50 at BB for accessories or something.

One more week!

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered my SGSII from Best Buy! I'm a little disheartened that the receipt says the expected date is 10/12/11, but I'm hoping that's just a placeholder in their computer system. They told me I was only the second person to preorder in their store.

I better get my SGSII on the 2nd, dangit! Worst case is I'll try to get it from a local AT&T store (I can't be there when they open Sunday, thus my desire to preorder) and just save my $50 at BB for accessories or something.

One more week!

The Sprint SGS2 was only released in Best Buy's top 300 grossing stores. So unless you live in a high tourist area or in an extremely populated city then the 12th is probably pretty accurate. AT&T store is your best bet. Just show up at open on the 2nd. I bet you 10 bucks you'll walk away with one. :)

UK_Alum_02

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, I stopped by my local AT&T store today just to make sure they wouldn't take my name and hold me one. He didn't even know it was coming out next Sunday but somehow seemed confident they would have enough in stock. I guess I will just have to be there at 12.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Negative and negative. Great.

I'm sorry bud! Didn't mean to come off as a pessimist. I'd rather just be straight with you then have you sit at that Best Buy and hope for them to have it. I'd go with your plan B: Use the $50 bucks at Best Buy for accessories.

Rhino79

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered mine at BB. The guy showed me the screen and it said October 2. Then he printed the receipt and it says 10/12! I don't know if that's a glitch or what but if I have to wait until the 12th, no big deal.

BuddhaMunx

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered mine at BB. The guy showed me the screen and it said October 2. Then he printed the receipt and it says 10/12! I don't know if that's a glitch or what but if I have to wait until the 12th, no big deal.

I figure Best Buy won't get the phone right away. I wouldn't doubt that Samsung has low stock because of issues with Apple suing them for anything and everything atm, so I would expect AT&T to be the sole provider of this phone for the first week and a half or so, just to see how many will sell or even sell at all. I agree with earlier posts about the iPhone 5. Even if it is released and it looks like the 4, but has a few hardware adjustments, everyone will flock to get the phone, its an addiction. I stood in like for 6 hours to get mine last year.....I know first hand that people will do anything to get the new iPhone, sad really.

Rhino79

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping my Best Buy will have my phone on launch day, but, if not, it looks like the $50 deposit is actually refundable (which kind of defeats the purpose of a deposit lol) I saw this in reference to iPhone 4 preorders:

If I have canceled my pre-order and want Best Buy? to refund the gift card associated with it, can I?

If the gift card has not been used and you are in possession of the original receipt, yes. The purchase of a pre-sale gift card falls under our standard return & exchange policy...

chanli44

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Someone from Best Buy mobile just left me a voicemail confirming that they will have the phone on the 2nd despite the fact that my preorder receipt says the 12th. Apparently there was some mix up in their system. They also set up a meeting time with me for next Sunday morning and the phone should be waiting! :D

Oh, and the $50 deposit is completely refundable if you end up getting the phone elsewhere.

beandoc

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Someone from Best Buy mobile just left me a voicemail confirming that they will have the phone on the 2nd despite the fact that my preorder receipt says the 12th. Apparently there was some mix up in their system. They also set up a meeting time with me for next Sunday morning and the phone should be waiting! :D

Oh, and the $50 deposit is completely refundable if you end up getting the phone elsewhere.

Now, this post is full of good news. I'm awaiting a call back from my BB to see if it is a similar situation for me. They did mention something at the store about the deposit being refundable, which I didn't quite believe at the time, since the guys taking my preorder seemed pretty clueless. Thrilled to hear they were right.

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Well I did the deed. I just pre-ordered my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II from Best Buy mobile store at the mall. I just popped in there looking to see if they had the accessories ahead of time and was asked if I would like to pre-order. Thought it for a second, asked when they were going to receive it, and said yes. I'll be getting it next Sunday without worrying about supply, though I really doubt that will be a problem. Counting the days now, not weeks, or months. Can't wait. :D

Last edited:

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I went in to my best buy, they were clueless. They didn't even want to mess with a preorder.
Told me to call after wednesday, they would have the phone by then they say.
Not going to beg them to take my money!

beandoc

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Just got an email from my BB store saying they are not getting the GSII until the 12th. Guess I'll be hitting up the ATT corp store(s) after church, though it will be a few hours after opening before I can get there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer