Pre-order info.

travis442

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Just got an email from my BB store saying they are not getting the GSII until the 12th. Guess I'll be hitting up the ATT corp store(s) after church, though it will be a few hours after opening before I can get there.

That sucks, I pre-ordered Monday night.

I haven't gotten an email from them since then but I plan on going to Costco before I go to Best Buy on Sunday anyways so that I can just get it from Costco if they have it since they have the 90 day return policy.

kevinchaos

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Just got an email from my BB store saying they are not getting the GSII until the 12th. Guess I'll be hitting up the ATT corp store(s) after church, though it will be a few hours after opening before I can get there.

What exactly did the email say? The new ordering system for phones sends an automated email instead of the old way of doing it (store calling the customer). The in stock date is the 2nd and all of the warehouses have the phone already. The 12th was just an error in the system. I can guarantee that it'll be there on the 2nd.

beandoc

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
What exactly did the email say? The new ordering system for phones sends an automated email instead of the old way of doing it (store calling the customer). The in stock date is the 2nd and all of the warehouses have the phone already. The 12th was just an error in the system. I can guarantee that it'll be there on the 2nd.

It was actually just a response email to one I had sent to the store asking if they were definitely going to have it on the 2nd or not. Here is what he said:

beandoc,

We will not have the Galaxy S II on the 2nd. Our tentative launch date is Oct 12. Regardless of where you choose to buy your new phone (we hope it's with Best Buy!) just keep in mind that at AT&T Retail stores, you are going to have a mail-in rebate, which will in fact cost you more for that device compared to our instant rebates here. Also by pre-ordering, you are guaranteed one of the first ones we get. Sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks,

Best Buy Mobile Manager - Store ***

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey just wanted to give everyone a heads up about bestbuy and the Galaxy S 2 phone. Most likely they will have them in.

The reason I say this is because, when the sprint version came out (which I currently have) I stopped by one Bestbuy store and one Bestbuy Mobile Store two days before they were released and was told that they weren't selling the Epic Touch. There was also a thread over at XDA where people were posting their local bestbuy store numbers and this guy that apparently worked at a bestbuy was looking up the store and checking their inventory for the Epic Touch. When he checked my bestbuy store and bestbuy mobile in my area, he replied back to me that they didn't have them in and weren't selling them. So I went to sprint on launch day and got one from them.

However, after I got off work (on launch day) I stopped by both bestbuy's and bestbuy mobile and both of them had the Epic Touch in stock and were selling them.

As it got closer to the release date of the phone, whenever I stopped by bestbuy...they acted like they knew nothing about the phone whatsoever.

So just because they don't know about it or they tell you that they're not selling them, don't believe them. Just stop by and check for yourself.

kevinchaos

May 13, 2011
Visit site
It was actually just a response email to one I had sent to the store asking if they were definitely going to have it on the 2nd or not. Here is what he said:

beandoc,

We will not have the Galaxy S II on the 2nd. Our tentative launch date is Oct 12. Regardless of where you choose to buy your new phone (we hope it's with Best Buy!) just keep in mind that at AT&T Retail stores, you are going to have a mail-in rebate, which will in fact cost you more for that device compared to our instant rebates here. Also by pre-ordering, you are guaranteed one of the first ones we get. Sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks,

What's the store number for this store? I will check the specifics for release date for them. It might be like the sprint version, where not all best buy stores will have them immediately, but if you give me the store number I will definitely check it out.

beandoc

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
What's the store number for this store? I will check the specifics for release date for them. It might be like the sprint version, where not all best buy stores will have them immediately, but if you give me the store number I will definitely check it out.

832 in Morgantown, WV

PrissyPJ

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

beandoc,

Thanks,

This is the first I've heard of a rebate. Is this true?

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
If I had to guess, I'd say that the guy who emailed me is probably making up that story to try and keep me as a customer. I would take it as a generalization, not fact.

Usually he'd be right, since Best Buy doesn't make you do mail-in rebates. But in this particular scenario, he's wrong since the phone will be $199.99 on contract. IF Best Buy decides to do the phone for $99 (kind of like Walmart did with the ET4G) then he would be correct.

I bought my girlfriends Inspire 4G for $30 bucks at radioshack, or something ridiculous like that when AT&T had it for $150.

kevinchaos

May 13, 2011
Visit site
832 in Morgantown, WV

Must be a small store. Only 12 in the district warehouse, 1 coming to the store. If you pre-ordered it then that one is yours. The rest will probably arrive in a few days via UPS. They'll all be there on the 2nd though. Not the 12th. :/

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
That could just be that particular store. I know for the Sprint version, only BB stores that usually do alot of Sprint sales got the Galaxy on launch day.

beandoc

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Must be a small store. Only 12 in the district warehouse, 1 coming to the store. If you pre-ordered it then that one is yours. The rest will probably arrive in a few days via UPS. They'll all be there on the 2nd though. Not the 12th. :/

Jesus... when I went to the store to preorder, I asked the sales guy how many other people had preordered, and he said, "I think you're the second one."

:mad:

gaveup

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Can you preorder it over the phone?

I have an early upgrade thru the cancellation dept and I was going to wait until monday to order it (they're closed Sundays)

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that on my receipt it said that it would be available for pickup on 9/26 so I wouldn't put too much stock into what the receipt says.

My receipt says

Confirming store inventory at GALLERIA ROSEVILLE. Estimated Pickup Date: 09/25/2011

I two would not count on what the receipt says.

travis442

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
My receipt says

Confirming store inventory at GALLERIA ROSEVILLE. Estimated Pickup Date: 09/25/2011

I two would not count on what the receipt says.

Although based on how knowledgeable they seemed to be of the process I kinda want to go and see if they would let me go ahead and pick it up, I mean the receipt says 9/26 so why can't I pick it up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87