did anyone find out the story on this? do we just need an app? a firmware update?
    10-04-2011 12:26 PM
    I've explored this phone in and out and found no sign of FM radio functionality.I even plugged headphones in to see if anything kicked on since headphones need to be plugged in for that feature to act as an antennae (someone said this in a YouTube video). Then when I went in to the android market to look for the "FM tuner" app that is in this video at 9:21 I came across this FM tuner for the international galaxy s. While this is the galaxy 1, I'm sure the circumstances are the same.
    10-04-2011 03:22 PM
    did anyone find out the story on this? do we just need an app? a firmware update?
    From what I've been able to find out it's just disabled on the U.S. versions of the GS II, same as the original GS.

I've been using TuneIn Radio for the local stations I listen to, but you (obviously) have to have a data connection for it to work. But it does work well.

Here's the link: https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
    10-04-2011 04:22 PM
    Is the radio disabled by software or is it actually missing? Because every spec list I've seen listed the GS II's as having FM Radio.
    10-24-2011 05:42 PM
    Is the radio disabled by software or is it actually missing? Because every spec list I've seen listed the GS II's as having FM Radio.
    I would really, really love to find the answer to this. This has been a mystery for a while now.
    j510 likes this.
    03-31-2012 08:16 PM
    I would really, really love to find the answer to this. This has been a mystery for a while now.
    I've checked the xDA forums and all the developers are saying that the AT&T GS II does not have the actual hardware. Oh well
    04-04-2012 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD