went from Galaxy S II to iPhone 4S

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the iphone 4s and I am looking to trade in in for the Sgs2, the Nexus or the Note. I have 2 weeks left to decide. I like the 4s but I want a larger screen and more customization.
I'm considering turning it in and using a flip phone til the note or Nexus come out on AT&T. Or I could go to Costco and get the SGS2 and if the Note comes out on AT&T in 90 days then I could trade it in.
Unfortunately it the Note will be about $900 and I can't afford to import it at that price.

anon(13322)

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Care to share why?

So you went from the 4S to the SII back to the 4S?

Yep, I went from iPhone 4 for 16 months, then iPhone 4S, then S2, now going back to the iPhone 4S.

I loved the S2, but iOS fits my life better. I've always been a Macbook Pro user for years, plus having the iPads and all five iPhones over the years, I just got used to it.

I was having problems with my S2, though. The first one stop making calls and the second one battery life only lasted 5 hours roughly, without widgets, e-mail turn off and brightness turn down. I just got tired of the hassle and wanted my iPhone back.

Its a nice device, though.

rmp5s

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Transitioning from iOS software to Android?s more open-source and customization-friendly interface felt very odd. With an iPhone 4, again, customization is limited to a few company-designated settings. The most you can do is shift your folders and applications around ? it makes you realize how brainless (or convenient?) the whole Apple process really is.

-- Going Android: Leaving iPhone 4 behind, learning Samsung Galaxy SII

I like that quote. She did the same thing you did but in reverse and loves it so far.

Brailess or convenient? Basic or simple? Easy to use or boring? iOS or Android? Android all day for me. All day long. As one already said, to each their own.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
My 4s is going back today in favor of the SGSii. Rock solid device but after having a 3GS, 4 and now a 4S I'm bored silly with it. I hope it's not a mistake because I doubt Best Buy will let me swap again. I'm scared!

bxborn31

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
My 4s is going back today in favor of the SGSii. Rock solid device but after having a 3GS, 4 and now a 4S I'm bored silly with it. I hope it's not a mistake because I doubt Best Buy will let me swap again. I'm scared!

I got bored too. Love my gs2

Sent from my Samsung galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I did it! I swapped my 4S for the Galaxy S II. Its awesome. I love the big, beautiful screen. So far the call clarity is good, signal is good and music playback through my bluetooth headphones is super. I'm so overwhelmed by customization options I'm almost catatonic! The real test will be tomorrow at work whether or not the phone plays nice with the wifi there. When I had a Captivate, I had a devil of a time getting it to work. I didnt' have any problems at home, just at work. After some reading I discovered that people were saying something about Cisco access points being a problem for the Captivate so hopefully that isn't an issue with the SII. I was able to connect the SII to my home wifi with no problem.

I was a little sad to see the 4S go. Its a rock-solid phone. Too bad Apple won't let us customize it a wee bit. I would settle for changing the font and live wallpapers without having to jailbreak! So I guess this year Apple gets the OP and Samsung gets me!:)

BLOND37

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Enjoy your iPhone 4s. It is a fantastic device. I wish it would have worked better for me. I just missed the raw horsepower that the GS2 has. You will see what I mean by that after a few days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

i had (still have) a 4s.. switched to GS2 and now seriously thinking about switcing back to 4s.. yes the big screen is GREAT and i like how you can customize but setting it up takes way to long, to much stress and work., 2 hours to set up contacts.. i miss the retina display.. i'm not saying SG2 is bad but i dont feel the love that everyone else does. and thats ok.. but i wonder what U mean by horse power.. in some ways the 4s seems zippier..

(also had to pay full price for the SG2)

BLOND37

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I am making the jump once my 4S comes in.
I have been an android user for quite a bit now and had a bunch of diff phones to experience. They are just getting a little old for me I guess. All hacked and rommed and such and although customizable, most of the customizations are shoddy and honestly I found stock is usually much better.

I have never been an Apple sheep and always made fun of them. I took my gf's Infuse back the other day and got a normal 4. After a few hours of playing with it she likes it better than android , I tinkered with it a bit and think its nice, but I need more seat time with it.
Not sure I will get that same affect and sure I will likely regret it, but Im in the mood to try some of the original coolaid I never dipped into yet and see what the hype is about.
Siri is mad cool, but past that its gonna be hard getting used to a much smaller phone.

Otherwise its compatible with everything under the sun like by double din in my car. Will feed nav to it and stream pandora and such. Even my bank has an iphone app. No chance in getting any love like that with Android unfortunately.

Too many sheep out there to argue with. If you cant beat em. . . join em. hahahahahah
We shall see how long it takes for me to come back..

hows things going for ya?

BLOND37

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Is it OK that I use both an iPhone 4 (no reason to upgrade that to a 4S) and my new SGSII?

The SGS is definitely faster, and the larger screen makes it a better web browser for me.

But at the moment, I still like them both.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

i am missing my 4s so much.. still have it and running it off wifi.. or me the 4s seems faster.. and i love the BIG screen on the GS2 but i dunno.. i just aint feeling the love.. it takes TIME to set up everything.. no visual voice mail.. lost my banking app. the GS2 is a very good phone and i would recommend to another android person but idk

demiles

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have also switched to a 4s. My Moto D2 was a great phone till the GB update. App compatibility and performance issues did me in. I was sitting on an upgrade for months and another coming in March so I will reevaluate at that time. I like Android in general but all these high end phones are being released with a poorly implemented OS. Over the last year with a smartphone I've had a chance to see what kind of user I really am. I want a solid reliable phone that I don't have to tinker with constantly. I also decided that I like my phone small and portable unlike the behemoths be released right now. How about a high end ICS phone with a 3.8 screen? I am also following next gen of WP phones as well. If you ever get the chance to use one please do. They are amazingly smooth!

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I have also switched to a 4s. My Moto D2 was a great phone till the GB update. App compatibility and performance issues did me in. I was sitting on an upgrade for months and another coming in March so I will reevaluate at that time. I like Android in general but all these high end phones are being released with a poorly implemented OS. Over the last year with a smartphone I've had a chance to see what kind of user I really am. I want a solid reliable phone that I don't have to tinker with constantly. I also decided that I like my phone small and portable unlike the behemoths be released right now. How about a high end ICS phone with a 3.8 screen? I am also following next gen of WP phones as well. If you ever get the chance to use one please do. They are amazingly smooth!

I can agree about the screen sizes being too big. Don't get me wrong, I like the screen size when I'm watching videos, but I don't like it when it comes to texting or using it as a phone. Having my iPhone and iPad seems to be the perfect combination rather than buying an oversized phone.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk