Update today

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Got the update tonight. I found that it also installs the latest version of Gmail with no option to go back. I guess my little red dots are gone for good now.

PSUGradAtl

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Just got my update today. Seems funny to me since I got my GSII last Friday (yay for me) and I knew about this update from this thread but when I have been checking updates since Friday, it found nothing until today.

omegaglory23

May 10, 2010
Visit site
So far since I did the update, my GS2 has been having some battery issues. It is draining around 10% an hour on stand by. I am not rooted, yet. I am considering it to remove the bloatware.

spettiner

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting terrible battery life and blue borders on the edges after the update. The blue borders are happening in the internet browser when going side to side or top to bottom to far.

anon(522161)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
After getting it installed last night it seems to drain for me quicker too. I'll check the drain when I get up in the am. I have Timeriffic app turning everything data/cell related off for the night, which normally results in only about 1-2% drain in 7-8 hours. I'll see what it's like tomorrow am. BTW, has anyone noticed if charging is faster after the latest update?

derande

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Got the update today. Don't see any major changes and don't mind the blue browser border. Battery life so far is the same as I've had. No complaints so far.

kevinqian

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Just got the update as well. New trick: browser window when pinched to zoom out will show the thumbnail view.

I was hoping they would introduce the ATT visual voicemail app from the Skyrocket but no go.

Slusho64

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Since it looks like there are issues with this update, is there anyway to make it stop asking? I know installing a custom ROM will do the trick, but is there a simpler way? Is updating a rooted device dangerous? Can you root after updating?

arfarf

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy S2 - OTA 2.4.6 "Update is failed."

SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 i9100 Rooted

What happens: S/w is d/l from server, phone reboots to install s/w, progress bar appears, and then it says "Update is failed." Phone reboots back to current state.

What I've learned:

1) Going to Settings-Apps-Manage-All-DevManage-ClearData will let you try to reinstall as
much as you want - without waiting for the 24 hr thing
2) Booting into bootloader and clearing Cache Partition has no effect
3) The first time it failed I thought it was b/c Juice Defender killed my Wifi mid-download - and I had to restart it. I've tried several times since then without JD running.

I'm not going to re-flash to stock as an experiment, I don't care *THAT* much...

Any new ideas?
No luv. Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?