Gallery app stop working HELP!

ElectroManiac

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello I'm new here on the forum. I came here to this forum seeking for help.

Me and my dad got a new Att Galaxy S2. I recently update the phone to android 2.3.5 from here
How To Update Samsung Galaxy S2 i777 with Gingerbread 2.3.5 Firmware | Android Advices

I update it trying to fix the problem with the lock screen, but now I have another problem. Everytime I enter the gallery and click on a pic to open it, it give me a message telling me "The application Gallery (process com.cooliris.media) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try againg" and them I have to force close.

Is there a way to fix this problem?

It happen in both phones mine and my dad. After reading the comments on that webpage it happens to others there to.

I search here before making the thread trying to find a solution, but I didn't find anything.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this will fix it, but it may be worth a try. Go to settings> Applications> Manage Applications> Make sure "All" is selected above > scroll to Gallery> Press on it and hit "Clear Data". Back out of settings. Turn your phone off. Take the battery out and let it sit for at least 30 seconds. Put the battery back in and fire up your phone. Try the gallery again and let us know what happens. I hope this works.

sudAndro

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Take the back up of SD card on a PC/laptop. Then format the card. Formatting can be done by PC or from phone itself. Then launch Gallery App with formatted SD card. Make sure there is no "Force Close". If everything fine copy the backed up data to SD card. Hope it works !!!

trinityblue

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
What did "tunie" say? I can't see a post or reply by them and I'm having same problem: process come.cooliris.media has stopped working. I restarted my phone, I took out SD card then said gallery is empty. Put SD card back in still get not working force closed message. Everything else works but gallery. I don't want to loose all pics of kids & stuff :( please help!

P.S. it is a T-Mobile My Touch Q android phone. Approximately 3 months old.

Last edited:

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this will fix it, but it may be worth a try. Go to settings> Applications> Manage Applications> Make sure "All" is selected above > scroll to Gallery> Press on it and hit "Clear Data". Back out of settings. Turn your phone off. Take the battery out and let it sit for at least 30 seconds. Put the battery back in and fire up your phone. Try the gallery again and let us know what happens. I hope this works.

Tunie appears to have undergone a name change.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AC Forums mobile app

Andang

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
In my case, I hid some photos in 'hide items'. Initially, when i wanted to unhide it, it works. But now, it does not any more. Every time i wanted to "show hidden items", a message appears "Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped." What can i do?

SimonSkyman

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello I am new to this site and i also have problems with gallery on my S2. When phone is first switched on and after swiping screen a message pops up "Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped .". I tried all steps mentioned on this thread but still the same.

AbuDaud Asim

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
i followed the same instructions what Tunie told, but it is still not helping. Cleared the app data as per the instructions but still Gallery app is not opening neither the camera
Any thing else plzz?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty