can't get 4g to work on unlocked T mobile phone

olwogo

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I need help with this phone. I did an unlock on a T mobile Galaxy SII T989 phone so I could use it in AT&T's go phone. It is a 4g phone and (when on T mobile) worked great on 4g. It works well on AT&T, all but the 4g. Does anyone know how to fix this glitch or is it just the way the phone was configured for T Mobile? Any help would be appreciated!!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys I need help with this phone. I did an unlock on a T mobile Galaxy SII T989 phone so I could use it in AT&T's go phone. It is a 4g phone and (when on T mobile) worked great on 4g. It works well on AT&T, all but the 4g. Does anyone know how to fix this glitch or is it just the way the phone was configured for T Mobile? Any help would be appreciated!!

Welcome to the forums!
I think the differences between the two companies is what is causing the problem. Tmo used HSPA+ for 4G and I think AT&T has always used LTE. Two different radios.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
No that's not it. The Tmo version doesn't have the proper radios for att lte. Att mostly work off of the 700mhz band with only a couple markets on the 1700 band. Tmobile is using 1700 strictly. That's why u are not getting lte and only hspa+.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

olwogo

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
So no way to make this phone work in 4g mode with AT&T. Short of getting a new phone. Thanks for the information. I will continue to learn about this and see what I can learn. I like this forum, I already saved myself a 50 mile drive. I shall read more on my phone. Thanks!!

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Because Tmobile uses 1700mhz for hspa+(aka4g) except in markets where they refarmed the data to make it run on 1900 like att. So bottom line if your area isn't refarmed u will be on edge or worse.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non