Help!! My s2 keeps resetting itself and nothing seems to be working to fix it.

Chris Marlar

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. My galaxy s2 keeps rebooting by itself. It started doing this last night and hasnt stopped since. It turns on normally but after about 3 or 4 minutes it'll freeze up and after about another minute it'll completely reboot. I've removed the SD card until it fully booted but that didn't help any. I've also left the battery out of the phone all night (which was about 12 hours) and it still didn't fix anything. Sadly, money is an issue here as I'm flat broke because of the holidays. Is there anyway I could possibly fix this myself and free of charge?

Foramex

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. My galaxy s2 keeps rebooting by itself. It started doing this last night and hasnt stopped since. It turns on normally but after about 3 or 4 minutes it'll freeze up and after about another minute it'll completely reboot. I've removed the SD card until it fully booted but that didn't help any. I've also left the battery out of the phone all night (which was about 12 hours) and it still didn't fix anything. Sadly, money is an issue here as I'm flat broke because of the holidays. Is there anyway I could possibly fix this myself and free of charge?
First of all, welcome to Android Central Forums!
Second of all, did you download any new applications lately? Perhaps it's a new application that's causing the re-booting.
If you can't think of any new applications you downloaded lately, perhaps you could try and reset the phone. This might fix problems, especially if you have the phone for a long time.

Chris Marlar

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I've actually not downloaded any apps recently so I don't think that could be the problem. :s And I'm really sketched out about resetting the phone because of the personal stuff I have saved on there and I don't have backups. I would move it all to an SD card but it only resets after it scans the card so I don't know how I would move it all before it reset.

Foramex

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I've actually not downloaded any apps recently so I don't think that could be the problem. :s And I'm really sketched out about resetting the phone because of the personal stuff I have saved on there and I don't have backups. I would move it all to an SD card but it only resets after it scans the card so I don't know how I would move it all before it reset.
You could move it to the SD card, then take the SD card out of the phone, reset the phone, put the SD card back in.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'd suggest a factory reset just to be sure anything that could be causing a issue is removed. That should address the problem. Be sure to backup any data that you can.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Chris Marlar

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I actually have a new problem now. Somehow the issue resolved itself for about 2 days and now its doing it gain. I tried doing a factory reset but it resets itself during the reset and therefore nothing happens. I fear that my phones in a permanent loop now. :/

mviglesias57

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
If your phone doesn't reboot until you put the SD card in, have you tried leaving it out to see if the problem goes away? If it does, then something may be wrong with the SD card and you should get a new one.