Car/vehicle mount for SIII

b0btech

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I got my phone and I'm ready to jam in the car and hook it up. But I do not have a car mount except for the old I 777 that actually fits but it takes a second to jam the power slider into place I don't want to break the phone or scratch it too much... any suggestions on the car or vehicle mount for this phone that has a power slider or ac adapter already connected??? Don't want a cheap one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: sburggsx

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyone try the Infuse 4g car dock? Is there any reason not to get this? I can't imagine the official S3 one being that much better and it will be much more $.

Reactions: b0btech

jjb70

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Not what you're searching for but falls under the title of Car Mount. I've had this for about 6 months and it is an awesome inexpensive dash mount. Extremely sticky to dash (but peels right off to move) and grippy for phone. It also puts it at a perfect angle for navigation. Best thing is the speed at which you can place and remove your phone. I highly recommend this car mount for people looking for an inexpensive but secure and easily accessible mount.
Amazon.com: NEW! Roadster Smartphone Sticky Pad Dash Mount: Computers & Accessories

alanstrand

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Does it charge or can I hook my charger to it??

The micro usb cable inserts into the base. You can just insert the phone and it will go into vehicle mode as well as charging the phone. Also has a 3.5 mm audio out. Check out the xda forum thread. There is a video link in the first post.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I really hope they announce a real car dock for the s3. That universal one they have for fifty dollars is an embarrassment to Samsung.

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I really hope they announce a real car dock for the s3. That universal one they have for fifty dollars is an embarrassment to Samsung.

Why not get the Samsung car mount for the Infuse 4G? The S3 fits perfectly and it is only about $15.

b0btech

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Awesome, Tried the i777 and it fits, but has a lot of figiting on the charger at bottom to scratch your way in! lol....

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Why not get the Samsung car mount for the Infuse 4G? The S3 fits perfectly and it is only about $15.

THanks, Just ordered from AT&T online and it was the best deal. $17.99 and they not only shipped it the same day I ordered it (today), but they also sent it overnight so ill have it tomorrow... for free!

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
You still need to buy a car charger for the s III even if you buy an infuse car dock, correct? Does it come with its own charger?

It does not. Get the Motorola rapid charger on Amazon for six dollars. Best charger I've ever used. It will stock charger while using GPS and Pandora.

Doyer

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site

Scythe55

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the Mountek ngroove mount. I am very happy with it. Stable beyond belief

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

anon(1009334)

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Been skimming through this thread but haven't found what I'm looking for (I may have missed it). Is there a car charger that plugs into the lighter that ALSO has a 3.5mm-to-AUX? I want to be able to slide my S3 into the dock and it automatically begin charging and play music without fumbling with a 3.5mm cable.

I used this for my iphone into a proclip phone dock. The 3.5mm cable runs from the charger to the AUX plug. I have the proclip phone dock for the S3 but can't seem to find a charger that does. Please help!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress