S3 error 'Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again'

DucatiGuy13

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
S3 error 'Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again'

Hey guys,
So by mistake (stupidity) I attempted to load the pre-release version of 4.2.2, from sammobile to my Galaxy S3. Well of course its not for my model of phone which is SGH-1747M, So I get an error that says 'Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again'. I now know that I need to look and make sure that the firmware release pertains to the model of phone that I am using....lesson learned I suppose. My questions is can I just follow the steps that I found here How to UnBrick your Galaxy S3(Any verison) - YouTube and call it good? I can still get into download mode but thats about all my phone can do currently.
Thanks for the help everyone.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: S3 error 'Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again

Hey guys,
So by mistake (stupidity) I attempted to load the pre-release version of 4.2.2, from sammobile to my Galaxy S3. Well of course its not for my model of phone which is SGH-1747M, So I get an error that says 'Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again'. I now know that I need to look and make sure that the firmware release pertains to the model of phone that I am using....lesson learned I suppose. My questions is can I just follow the steps that I found here How to UnBrick your Galaxy S3(Any verison) - YouTube and call it good? I can still get into download mode but thats about all my phone can do currently.
Thanks for the help everyone.

Download mode is good. You should be able to follow this advice and be OK. Just make sure you download proper files for you EXACT model.

DucatiGuy13

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: S3 error 'Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again

I just tried it out and everything seems to be working fine.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I just tried it out and everything seems to be working fine.

Cool. Any other problems...ask.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

Kwame Poku

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

Download mode is good. You should be able to follow this advice and be OK. Just make sure you download proper files for you EXACT model.

Hi guys-- i'm in a bind.

I thought i had the same problem as the above-- but im still stuck on the logo screen.

some background:
- Samsung S3 (international, swiss)
- I have no backup
- my phone is not rooted
- download mode, and recovery mode work fine
- rec. mode says unable to mount efs (invalid argument)
- I have tried absolutely everything, cache wipe, data wipe, tried flashing 4.2.2, 4.3, 4.1.1, custom roms, with Odin
- tried installing through SD card- i get a failure to recognize signature

PLEASE HELP

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Hi guys-- i'm in a bind.

I thought i had the same problem as the above-- but im still stuck on the logo screen.

some background:
- Samsung S3 (international, swiss)
- I have no backup
- my phone is not rooted
- download mode, and recovery mode work fine
- rec. mode says unable to mount efs (invalid argument)
- I have tried absolutely everything, cache wipe, data wipe, tried flashing 4.2.2, 4.3, 4.1.1, custom roms, with Odin
- tried installing through SD card- i get a failure to recognize signature

PLEASE HELP

Welcome to the forums!
Have you tried a factory reset through recovery?

Kwame Poku

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the welcome!

yes, i have tried everything under the sun. i have now managed to install cmw touch, but now it wont mount the SD card

chuckenheimer

May 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm in worse shape than this, I believe. My phone ONLY reboots into Odin download mode by itself with the error message "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." I've pulled the battery and when I replace it, the phone again reboots in the Odin download mode with the same error message. That's all I can get the phone to do. What are my options? Thanks!

Varun Cidambi

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

Having the same prob, but now that samsung-updates doesn't have much of their stock roms cause of hotfile, i need to find a place where i can get a stock rom that actually works. Can anyone direct me to a site?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781