Odin flash pass, But Shows "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue..."

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have an Samsung Galaxy Core 2 Duos (SM-G355H), been a while since I last used it. But, when I try using it again it's stuck at samsung logo and can't use go to recovery mode (TWRP) so I use odin and flash my old stock rom, but when it boot it says "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in kies & try again.", so I thought something gone wrong with the flash, I first thought it was the old rom so I downloaded a new stock rom and flash it, again odin say it pass but when it boot the same message show up. How can I fix this? any advice?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You mean the TWRP I used? I think it's v2.8.4 its the only compatible and stable version for the model at that time. Or the link Zoo sent? I don't really know which firmwares to choose... Do I have to try all of it? Do you have any specific suggestion on which file I'll need... Thanks in Advance
The link Zoo has

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"Download Mode" is the bootloader, with the UI modified by Samsung. The boot order is bootloader, which boots the recovery mode, which boots Android. If there's nothing in the phone, the bootloader can't boot the recovery mode, so it stays there - Download Mode in Samsung.

I fear that you have bad ROM (hardware) on the motherboard. The recovery is getting corrupted, even though Odin doesn't get any notice.

You can try the CROM service app from the Samsung app store, but if the bootloader is getting locked, there's nothing to do but replace the motherboard.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance