S III Battery life...

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Is your screen set to auto or something else? Try non-auto, like me I do about 45 percent or so...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Didn't use my phone a whole lot today....
So far at the end of work day it's
40% 8h 50mins
Screen only 1h 15 m , very low....
Better than any of my phones ever without an extended battery, I barely would've made it through lunch hour

Maybe that means I actually did work today lol

Last edited:

chrisfast

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Is your screen set to auto or something else? Try non-auto, like me I do about 45 percent or so...

I have it at about 85 percent. That's probably too high. I'll turn it down and see what happens. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Raneciansamaiya

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion I'm with a few other people.... You guys must not use your phone much, like its in stand by mode a lot. Im a heavy user as far as text, music, email, and web so I'm hoping for at least 8 hours on heavy use.

Last edited:

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion I'm with a few other people.... You guys much not use your phone much, like its in stand by mode a lot. Im a heavy user as far as text, email, and web so I'm hoping for at least 8 hours on heavy use.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees that.

Btw nice pic

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't use my Smartphone as much as I use to, be I use at least 2 hours a day screen time, if that helps...

In my opinion I'm with a few other people.... You guys must not use your phone much, like its in stand by mode a lot. Im a heavy user as far as text, music, email, and web so I'm hoping for at least 8 hours on heavy use.

Reactions: Raneciansamaiya

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if I should be impressed. I mean, I was until my assistant manager pulled out his phone (One X on Sprint). We had both been working 8 hours, took our phone off the chargers at the same time, and he was at 91% battery and I was at 56%... Granted the cell phone signal where I work is HORRIBLE on AT&T. On Sprint it's bad, but not as bad but I can barely get service where I work. So i was kind of upset that his One X on Sprint was light years ahead of the S3 and he knows nothing about power management so he keeps wifi, bluetooth, etc. on all the time where as I turn them off and he still embarrassed my S3.

Screenshot_2012-06-28-20-09-26.png

Screenshot_2012-06-28-20-09-19.png

Screen up time was about an hour and 20 minutes total. Had auto brightness on.

Again, not super impressed with a 2100mAh battery like this.

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Today I'm at 14h 32m, 3.5 hours screen time....
My best time yet! I'm happy with my battery, never had this much juice without an extended battery!
Loving this phone more everyday!

mstover13

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if I should be impressed. I mean, I was until my assistant manager pulled out his phone (One X on Sprint). We had both been working 8 hours, took our phone off the chargers at the same time, and he was at 91% battery and I was at 56%... Granted the cell phone signal where I work is HORRIBLE on AT&T. On Sprint it's bad, but not as bad but I can barely get service where I work. So i was kind of upset that his One X on Sprint was light years ahead of the S3 and he knows nothing about power management so he keeps wifi, bluetooth, etc. on all the time where as I turn them off and he still embarrassed my S3.

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

Screen up time was about an hour and 20 minutes total. Had auto brightness on.

Again, not super impressed with a 2100mAh battery like this.

Signal quality on Android is the number 1 culprit for bad battery life, my Evo on Sprint with extended 1800mah battery got my MAYBE 7 hours. My GS3 on ATT is getting me a full day easily since ATT has much better coverage around me. It seems ATT gets much better coverage inside buildings also.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm 3 hours 46 minutes into my battery. 9 minutes for on-screen time. Some light texting and listened to the Android Central podcast on my way to work. The area around my work now has LTE. I'm at 60% and it's not even noon. The numbers I posted the last few days were not including LTE; drastic changes happen when you throw LTE into the mix. Not that it's a secret or anything, but I was expecting a lighter drain due to the S4 processor. No such luck.

Oh well; my GSM unlocked Nexus from the Play Store will be here next week.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Signal quality on Android is the number 1 culprit for bad battery life, my Evo on Sprint with extended 1800mah battery got my MAYBE 7 hours. My GS3 on ATT is getting me a full day easily since ATT has much better coverage around me. It seems ATT gets much better coverage inside buildings also.

Actually that's a little off. The #1 culprit of bad battery life, as indicated by Google themselves, is squarely the blame of app developers for using bad/incorrect code in their apps.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/05/20/google_android_power_fail/

http://ledgerlink.monster.com/news/articles/1065-google-execs-blame-app-makers-for-poor-android-battery-life

http://www.techshouters.com/google-shows-android-developers-how-to-save-battery/

Signal quality does play a huge factor, but if you have a perfect signal and an app that is keeping the device from deep sleep, you're going to get bad battery life.

Also to blame are things like advertisements. When you run an app that has an ad, it'll open a port to a server and pull down an ad, that leads to more battery usage also..

Last edited:

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I get up @ 4am. By 6pm'ish i'm at about 10%. Maybe a little less. I work from home so I'm on wifi, no lte. I suspect it would drain much faster using lte.

14h 7m 56s total on battery.

5h 2m 50s my screen was actually on.

Last edited:

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site

I see that. Today was test two. I'm a district manager so today I'm in a different area and dear God, what a difference. This is with full bars all day, regular 4G, no LTE. I'm impressed with normal usage like this. Just sad in my home store I get such bad signal.

Screenshot_2012-06-29-22-29-28.png

Screenshot_2012-06-29-22-29-33.png

Mac.World

ΣΛΤ ΜΣ
May 3, 2012
Visit site
This is a very heavy use day with screen brightness set at 100 percent, nearly 3 hours of on screen time, an hour of Google navigation and Pandora, an hour of Web viewing and email... And then small amounts of getting play updates and downloads. I am not on LTE though. I also used my phone as a wifi hotspot for about 45 minutes for my kids while I was driving. This is pretty good considering how hard I worked the battery today.

18179939-6c1b-8f73.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty