Biggest differences:

I9300
1GB ram
quad core exynos processor
comes in 16/32/64 GB configs
not LTE, HSPA+ only

i747 (ATT)
2GB ram
dual core snapdragon (uses this chip because the LTE is on the chip and does not require the use of another chip for LTE, ie bettery battery life)
only 16 GB config
ATT LTE, also I believe Telus and Rogers in Oh Canada

It appears the the Canada version of the i747 comes in more than just 16GB.

CarlGalgano

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I saw that today and I dont know. Different frequencies I guess. The post here on AC said that the Korean version of the new LTE equipped was not north american compatible. Mathematically I know that four is twice two, but Im guessing the differences in speed or performance are not noticeable. I may be called a heretic, but I dont see that big of a deal of 4G LTE v 3G. Granted, I use my device mostly for business and dont use it for much media related tasks (except streaming radio stations, sports and baseball games), but all that stuff works fine over 3G. How much faster is my mail going to show up? This morning the internet in my mountain house went out and I listened to the morning news on my phone, streaming on EDGE. It worked just fine.

dmmattix

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
The i9300 has the Tegra 3 Quad Core processor which supposedly does not play well with LTE yet. Many reports have the Android variant of Linux not being very optimized for multi-core operations and so people don't see much performance improvement going from 2 to 4 cores unless they are gaming and the Tegra 3 has a pretty nice GPU built in. There is a pretty fair difference between 3G and 4G and the difference between 4G and 4G/LTE is suppose to be pretty amazing. 40-50Meg download vs 15-20Meg on plain 4G. There is another thread on this sub-forum where folks post their speed numbers.

Mike

gravage

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
The i9300 has the Tegra 3 Quad Core processor which supposedly does not play well with LTE yet. Many reports have the Android variant of Linux not being very optimized for multi-core operations and so people don't see much performance improvement going from 2 to 4 cores unless they are gaming and the Tegra 3 has a pretty nice GPU built in. There is a pretty fair difference between 3G and 4G and the difference between 4G and 4G/LTE is suppose to be pretty amazing. 40-50Meg download vs 15-20Meg on plain 4G. There is another thread on this sub-forum where folks post their speed numbers.

Mike

Not Tegra 3. Exynos.

Nalorin

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Biggest differences:

I9300
1GB ram
quad core exynos processor
comes in 16/32/64 GB configs
not LTE, HSPA+ only

i747 (ATT)
2GB ram
dual core snapdragon (uses this chip because the LTE is on the chip and does not require the use of another chip for LTE, ie bettery battery life)
only 16 GB config
ATT LTE, also I believe Telus and Rogers in Oh Canada

It appears the the Canada version of the i747 comes in more than just 16GB.

Verified.

I am in Canada, on Koodo (a Telus subsidiary), and LTE works like a dream :)

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
To me, the FM antenna/tuner on the I9300 is a big difference. The only way I can listen to live broadcast radio while I am out and about is via LTE through TuneIn which eats data and often drops out when the signal weakens. I have encountered almost no public wi-fi that is capable of adequately delivering a radio data stream. I guess I got spoiled by having an FM antenna/tuner in my lousy old HTC.

The irony is that they left out the FM antenna in favor of space for the LTE antennas on the i747 but the only reason I need LTE is to get live FM radio broadcasts.