Predictions on when the AT&T GS3 will get Jelly Bean update?

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I know we are all at the mercy of the carriers when it comes to SW updates for Android phones. Being seeing as how JB has been out for about a month now and the obvious improvements it brings like 'Project Butter' etc., will AT&T be willing to release this update faster than before for their flagship Android phone? Will customer pressure and general criticism of slow SW updates affect them at all?

What would be the best case scenario in terms of when we can see an OTA update of JB for the AT&T GS3s?

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
If the GSII is any indication, for the US carriers I'd say 9 to 10 months or just after the next version of android (Keylime Pie) is released.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
If the GSII is any indication, for the US carriers I'd say 9 to 10 months or just after the next version of android (Keylime Pie) is released.

I sure hope this doesn't hold true. I'm hoping g Samsung is actually going to try and do the right thing, like they did by keeping the phone pretty much universal across all carriers. I guess time will tell, though I did see a rumor from the Site Sam mobile that said Samsung was prepping jelly bean for an august debut. We'll see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The GS4 will probably be here. AT&T, at least in my experience with BB OS updates, has always been very conservative. Hopefully not. Right now, being new to Android, I am having a great time with my GS3.

Pdelponte

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not looking forward to losing Flash support with JB, so I hope it's a while. :(

Not sure but i think Flash went bye bye with ICS.

I predict my Samy GS3 will get JB when i root and flash it over. ;-)

but seriously i predict Sept/Oct 2012 ... WHICH IS TOTAL BS

Coming from iOS this is one of the bummers of Android but w/e ill just hack it mo fo

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site
How will Samsung incorporate Google Now with S-Voice. Seems like there is a clash of features there. Personally I prefer they just remove S-Voice completely and just go with Google Now.

Reactions: Kevinskeep

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Only for the International version. Who knows how long for the carrier branded models. I won't be too hard on the carriers, the phone just came out and ICS is pretty sweet.

Carrier branded GS3's won't see JB next month. I'd say October, maybe late September at best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Be of good cheer. There could be a December release which is three months later.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith