What is the easiest way to get pics into iPhoto

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I know someone must use a Galaxy SIII with a Mac and gets their pics into iPhoto. Any suggestions as to how to do that easily instead of emailing them to my Mac.

Timbacak

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
The best way is open a new folder on your mac, transfer all your pictures from your phone to the folder and then select all and move them right into iphoto. Thats how I did it , its an extra step but it works great.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The best way is open a new folder on your mac, transfer all your pictures from your phone to the folder and then select all and move them right into iphoto. Thats how I did it , its an extra step but it works great.

This seems like the best way. I haven't transfered any photos over yet but this seems to be the most logical way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
the best way is to have a dropbox account.

have it sync all your photos and videos you took with the s3 automatically.

have the app on your mac.

just drag drop photos and videos you want from dropbox to iPhoto.

this is my set up. Its wireless and painless.

marcin001

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
what a shame... all these methods do "work" however, copying files this way changes the attributes of the files and date/time to the time of import which really screws up timeline of photos. especially if you have lots of them.

Any suggestions how to fix that? this is probably single reason I would be going back to iOS if there is no workaround.

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
The exif files stay intact when transferring. Can you please explain the problem?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2

vsekulic

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
The exif files stay intact when transferring. Can you please explain the problem?

They don't, or at least iPhoto is not picking them up. I have the same issue as OP and marcin001. When I copy the photos on my SGS3 to my MacBook Pro's desktop via Kies Air, then import them into iPhoto, all of the photos get put into one "event".

I don't have a solution, unfortunately. Like OP, this may be a deal-breaker for me to go back to iOS. Will keep trying, though.

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
They don't, or at least iPhoto is not picking them up. I have the same issue as OP and marcin001. When I copy the photos on my SGS3 to my MacBook Pro's desktop via Kies Air, then import them into iPhoto, all of the photos get put into one "event".

I don't have a solution, unfortunately. Like OP, this may be a deal-breaker for me to go back to iOS. Will keep trying, though.

I'm not using keis at all. I use Dropbox. Drag drop them fro. My Dropbox folder in my Mac to iphoto/aperture library.

There is an option when you import the photos to separate them by date so that it will not all be in one event

bugn

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I think you should have your photos automatically upload to google plus, then from there you can access them from your computer or wherever. That would be the easiest.

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I think you should have your photos automatically upload to google plus, then from there you can access them from your computer or wherever. That would be the easiest.

The problem with Google plus is that they compress the images too and the videos. That is not an option for me.

johnshaft1000

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I use an app called sweet home. It automatically syncs your photos to a nas drive when you are charging and are in range of your home WiFi network. So far it has been working pretty well. Then I import into iPhoto.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Tor Slettnes

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Just came across this, looking for a solution. All of the solutions mentioned above are klunky two-step solutions, and don't really allow you to keep a clean pipeline of transferring, then deleting photos/videos off your phone.

Is there really nothing like Sony Media Bridge or Nokia Multimedia Transfer for Samsung phones? How can Samsung be the #1 smartphone manufacturer in the world without such basic support for the Mac?

Jeez...

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just came across this, looking for a solution. All of the solutions mentioned above are klunky two-step solutions, and don't really allow you to keep a clean pipeline of transferring, then deleting photos/videos off your phone.

Is there really nothing like Sony Media Bridge or Nokia Multimedia Transfer for Samsung phones? How can Samsung be the #1 smartphone manufacturer in the world without such basic support for the Mac?

Jeez...

Maybe it has something to do with constantly being sued by Apple?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reggae Ball

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
for whatever reason they don't list the whole url...but its:android.com/filetransfer (the link in the previous post will work anyways it just doesn't label the whole url)

raziel

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Drop box, and drag photos to iphoto or aperture. That's what I do. And you can select the photos you want to go on your library instead of having everything dump to to photo stream and everything goes into your library. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Drop box, and drag photos to iphoto or aperture. That's what I do. And you can select the photos you want to go on your library instead of having everything dump to to photo stream and everything goes into your library. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

That's what I do too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
textura