Syncing calendar on Galaxy S3 with Google calendar

zsuzsanna pragai

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I just changed each event from my calendar to the google one, one by one, it was 2 minutes, I had events for a couple of weeks ahead anyway (I used the weekly view, was easy to spot the blue ones and make them pink)

jacksonista

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. I am having the exact opposite problem. If I type in on my computer, it immediately shows up on my sIII. If I type it into my phone, it never shows up on my computer. Very frustrating as I am almost always using my phone when scheduling.:-\

jacksonista

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
This is exactly what I'm getting. I really do not want to have to download the Google Calendar App as I like S-Planner (Samsung's calendar app better). I type into s-planner, it will not update my google+ on my computer. I type into my google+ calendar online, and it immediately updates s-planner. Very very frustrating. It should be so simple and it used to work fine.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Interesting. I am having the exact opposite problem. If I type in on my computer, it immediately shows up on my sIII. If I type it into my phone, it never shows up on my computer. Very frustrating as I am almost always using my phone when scheduling.:-\

This is exactly what I'm getting. I really do not want to have to download the Google Calendar App as I like S-Planner (Samsung's calendar app better). I type into s-planner, it will not update my google+ on my computer. I type into my google+ calendar online, and it immediately updates s-planner. Very very frustrating. It should be so simple and it used to work fine.

This has been answered multiple times. The default calendar on the phone, when you enter an event, is "My Calendar." That stores the event ONLY on your phone, and not on Google. When adding an event on the phone, you need to make sure you're saving it to Google, in which case it will sync .

Open the calendar app, and start to create an appointment. It can be a dummy one, you'll be able to delete it shortly. See up near the top, where it says "Calendar" and underneath it "My calendar"? Tap there, and select your Google account, instead of "My calendar." Now save the appointment. From now on, every new appointment should default to your Google calendar, and will sync with the online calendar.

Melshu

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
You are the BEST! I have been pulling my hair out for weeks. It is always the simple things that are not mentioned when instructions are given.

gotgalaxy

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I've spent the last week trying to find the answer to this...How can I get all the"My Tasks" input over the last year in my Samsung Galaxy s3 calendar and export/sync to google calendar or anywhere for that matter (outlook, ?) so I can eventually sync to google calendar?

I've figured out how to get all the events in "My Calendar" by using Calengoo (even though they were all entered in as my calendar events and not as google calendar event). However, I have tried (to no avail) to get the My Tasks out of the native Galaxy/Android calender by using GTasks, Memotoo, Tasks, Jorte, GTasks, Tasks Free, Any.do, Touch Calendar and others. Am pulling my hair out...

Anybody have an answer?

Last edited:

sjmarvin

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Syncing calendar on Galaxy S3 with Google calendar (Gmail)

Hi!

Can you tell me step-by-step what you did? Here's my issue...

I have a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3. My entire life is on the default calendar (not the Google calendar). I just upgraded to a Verizon Galaxy S4 and I want to transfer all the entries on the default Samsung calendar on the S3 to Gmail calendar so I can see everything on my new phone's Google calendar and I won't have any more sync issues. Can you help? Please tell me how you did it - Sprint and Verizon have been zero help.

To be clear - I want to make sure I get all of my PAST calendar entries synced up. I've read some of the above posts, and they seem to be advising on how to get future events synced up.

Thanks!

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Syncing calendar on Galaxy S3 with Google calendar (Gmail)

As you can tell from this forum, calendars and syncing are confusing. I have eliminated all of these problems with an app called Business Calendar, which gives much more control over calendar features. To move from "My Calendar" (i.e. inside the phone) to the Google Calendar (i.e. in the cloud on Google's servers and synced across all of your devices), download Business Calendar. In the settings, check "My Calendar" and it will sync with your current default. Then, click on "Import/Export" and follow the menus to export "my calendar" into another format, which you can then import into Google calendar. When you're done, go back to Business Calendar, uncheck "My Calendar" and check "Google calendar" and you will be where you want to be.

alexlux

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
First of all I would like to thank all of you for your various contributions and I hope that some of you will find my contribution here helpful.

I had the same problem than mentioned here. I use Windows 7, I have a Samsung S3 (GT_I9300) with Android 4.1.2 and I tried Kies 2.5.1.12123_2.
I don't reexplain the correct settings with the correct accounts; it was done extensively here above. The problem for me separated divided into 2 parts:
- my future appointments/events: For all future appointments, I will type them into the normal SPlanner (S3 calendar) and be careful NOT to save into "My Calendar" but into my google account "name@gmail.com", which is not the Samsung google account. The S3 will remember this decision and will keep proposing it for every new event. So I don't need to worry about downloading Apps.
- my past appointments: I have a lot of past appointments in my S3 (Android 4.1.2), but unfortunately saved with "My Calendar". I was not able to sync my S3 with my gmail calendar.
As I have to return my S3 for a microphone problem, I wanted to be sure to have all my data saved, and I don't trust Kies for it after all I read.

Here are the 2 solutions I found which seem to work:
Method A, for calendar/events and contacts:
1) In Kies I chose (under "synchronization" ) to synchronize the S-Planner (calender) for Outlook. The preset folder where to synchronize to is in outlook PersonnalFolders\Calendar
2) I then entered into Outlook (I used Microsoft Outlook 2003). Unfortunately, as I tried the whole afternoon how to fix the problem I cannot remember what the different steps were exactly. But I got the calendar from my S3 onto the Outlook calendar. From here I could export (MENU: "File\Import and export File", than "Export to a file", than "Comma Separted Values (Windows)") to a file which I gave any name and so I had a CSV format file.
3) I entered my gmail account, chose "Calendar", under "Settings", under "Calendar" the option "import new calendar" where you can choose your CSV file and it is done.
4) After that I synchronized manually (I have switched off the automatic synchronization) in gmail and on the S3.
and guess... it worked. I only did it for the events. It probably would work for contacts (which i only saved into Outlook)

Method B, for SMS:
I initially tried with MyPhoneExplorer (here "MPE"), but gave up after the program could not find my S3. I than tried method A. After method A worked, I still wanted to be sure to have my SMS saved. I did it with a USB cable, so it is important to activate the USB debugging on the S3; only after I did that Windows 7 installed the Samsung Android ADB Interface.
1) Download the MPE onto your PC and get the App onto the S3.
2) In MPE clic on "connect device".
3) You will see the various items: contacts, phone lists, organizer and SMS. They were downloaded and I made a back up of all of them. In that way I could download all my SMS and store them onto the PC.

It was a little bit long. I hope that this is of any help to one of you. I have not yet restored my data, as I will wait for the repair on my S3 to be done, but I hope that as I have everything on my PC I will be able to restore it onto the S3. Good luck in your quest with synch&Co.

Last edited:

qwyktruk

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
My wife's phone 's screen went dark and we need to get a new one. In the meantime, is there a way to access the calendar in the phone so I can print it up?

swimcap

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I can get my google calendar and galaxy to sync (I understand the difference between My Calendar and Google Calendar) but when I add calendars i.e. the downloadable Lakers calendar, it appears to the Google online calendar, but doesn't sync to my galaxy. Any suggestions?

AgentScribe

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you are adding the event on the phone to your gmail calendar, not "My Calendar". My wife was doing the same thing and it wasn't syncing.

I do not consider myself a novice on Android or any smart phone yet I too was making this same mistake until I found your post in the forums. I must admit, I deleted the Google Calendar app and am using the native Samsung Calendar on my N3 because it seems so much more feature rich.

eeyleen

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
So happy I didn't have to reload anything because I think that is beyond me this afternoon. opening my calendar, adding (not saving) an event, pressing right arrow in the calendar section and selecting google did the trick. Thanks for the information.:D

Abe Degnan

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I discovered that the automatic Calendar Sync feature had been disabled on my Google accounts. So I went to Settings > Accounts > and selected my Google account, scrolled down to Calendar, and check-marked it. I have multiple Google accounts (personal and business Apps) so I had to do this for both of them.

My clue was that I could manually sync my calendars, but that they did not automatically sync. If you have this similar problem, this might be the way to fix it. (The question is, of course, HOW did the SYNC boxes become unchecked? I suspect it happened during a system upgrade of the Android OS, if I remember the timing of when I noticed this issue.)

Catscab

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
ahha

I was not even seeing the sync checkboxes in my google acct under settings.
I had to go into SETTINGS > DATA USAGE. then Menu button > opens list with checkboxes. Check AUTO SYNC DATA.

Yay!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez