Unfortunately, contacts has stopped

nesssiii

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Kudos to Hasan,
i havent had my android long after being a devoted iphone user for years..the screen just got too small lol but to have my phone tell me that i cant add a contact???? omg! Contacts stopped? wth?
but i tried Hasans recommendation and downloaded Go Contacts Ex and it only took a second, all my contacts instantly appeared there and i can GUESS WHAT??? i can ADD new ones!

Samsung are you listening at all???

Why we should have to do this god only knows but thank you Hasan...

oh and Joanne, your recommendation doesnt work for me ..i dont have an app called Contacts Storage..so thats that on that one...

Hugs :))

James Cz

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
While this does address the issue to an extent in that you are now using a new contacts icon/platform, the bug still persists should you try to click on the old default phone icon and try and make a call. Not that you need to that now!

Ruth Cheshire

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3. I've returned my phone and had 3 replacement phones since Christmas, carried out a factory reset every couple of weeks and recently had to reset it again within 2 days. I've deleted all my apps before doing the factory reset and only added one at a time, 1 each day and I still get the message: unfortunately contacts have stopped. I've even got a replacement sim from my provider. Currently waiting for a reply from Sumsung technical support by email. I will update if and when I get a reply.
I can access my contacts from the contacts icon on the home screen but if I go to the phone keypad I cannot input any numbers, access contacts, call log or favourites list. Has anyone had any advice from Samsung direct. I believe this is a software issue.

kaps13_25

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Got this error and was unable to retrieve my contacts.As a result i have to wipe out the phone data, now it is working well. But only problem is I have lost all my text messages. Is there anyway to retrieve them??
Thanks
Kapil

kaps13_25

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately contacts has stopped. I got this error and was unable to retrieve my contacts.As a result i have to wipe out the phone data, now it is working well. But only problem is I have lost all my text messages. Is there anyway to retrieve them??
Thanks
Kapil