How to free up memory?

dlindo21

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I'm back with another possible stupid question. How the heck to I free up memory? When trying to re-install an apk I sometimes get a message about not enough free space though I have tons available. For example, I'm currently trying to re-install Quadrant Standard after installing a new rom. It downloads fine from the playstore, but when i try to install i get " Insufficient storage available". Whats the best fix for this?

dmmattix

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
There are two types of "space" on the phone. One is RAM memory and the second is "disk" space on the internal SD card. The first is generally not a problem due to the fact that the S3 has 2GB of RAM and the Android memory management is generally pretty efficient. The second is most likely as you can tell the device to sync your photo on Picasa or Facebook to your Gallery and depending upon what you have up there it can fill up 12GB, which is the nominal amount available for users stuff, quite quickly. You might want to either connect the phone up to a PC and use the Windows explorer to check out how much phone disk space you have remaining. If it is very small then you need to do something about it. Many people have complained about big data usage on their plans right off the bat and most of the time it is the Gallery using it, so I bet that is your problem also.

Mike

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch