Phone calls people by itself

ZW1990

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
The last week or so my phone keeps calling people on its own and has been acting weird anyone else have this problem? I have had this phone for about a month and have had no problems until this past week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

taraclancy

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
The last week or so my phone keeps calling people on its own and has been acting weird anyone else have this problem? I have had this phone for about a month and have had no problems until this past week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

My sIII has been doing that too - twice now...hasn't been a problem yet as it just called family in the daytime, but it could get embarrassing! Wondering if it's going to mean getting a replacement - not sure what to do - hoped it was just a one-time glitch. I've had the phone about a month too & the phantom calling has also happened in the last week. You're not imagining it anyway!

Last edited by a moderator:

Scythe55

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I would be real interested in what could cause such behavior. That could be bad if the phone is in a business or government office and the owner doesn't know his phone is calling people.

I am assuming this isn't some kind of pocket dialing going on.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the problem of it calling people by itself, but if I have the camera open, it takes pictures by itself. I'll just be standing there with the camera open and it snaps random pictures without my touching any buttons or saying "cheese" or "smile."

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Is there any possibility that you may have your contacts open and when you pick up your phone, it assumes you want to use the pick up to dial feature that they have? Or that perhaps if you have them open in your tasking bar, it is glitching to call them when you move your phone around? You know, the one that if you are texting or whatever, if you swing the phone up, it starts to dial?

If you don't have this enabled then it sure beats me!

If you do, perhaps you can disable it and see what happens?

Good luck!

MiniQuinny

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Check this setting to make sure it is off. I think if you hit the home key and look at the screen images of active programs you will see one with a contact open for viewing. Apparently when you pick up the phone it dials that contact. I struggled with this for about a week before I realized what was happening.

Settings - Motion - Direct call ( make sure - call currently displayed on screen is "off" ) or turn off Motion Activation altogether..

Hope this helps someone..

Attachments

• 2012-10-30 09.04.12.png
    2012-10-30 09.04.12.png
    114.5 KB · Views: 51

dcmike

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Saw solution reported elsewhere - "Tiny Call Confirm" - stops auto dialing out

Read The Permissions - WTF? Ain't that something. It apparently stops all auto dial-outs but it's own!

"DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERS
Allows the app to call phone numbers without your intervention. This may result in unexpected charges or calls. Note that this doesn't allow the app to call emergency numbers. Malicious apps may cost you money by making calls without your confirmation."

S3Android29

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
My phone has been doing the same thing..i wont even be touching it and it will call someone...also I shut down all my apps, and come back to look at my phone and there is a random app opened the I never opened myself...what could be causing this?:confused:

Darren Robinson2

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
My wifes Nokia Lumia constantly does this when on charge, I know its not android but its a real pain, we can go out and leave it on charge and after an hour it phones us and other people it also will not turn off, it keeps turning its self on, had the phone changed once already but now the new one has started doing the same, anyone any ideas?

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
My phone has been doing the same thing..i wont even be touching it and it will call someone...also I shut down all my apps, and come back to look at my phone and there is a random app opened the I never opened myself...what could be causing this?:confused:

Seismic activity

robinhook

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
my phone keeps calling people by it self when I not there the other day me and my wife was watching tv when her phone rang it was my phone that was making the call and my phone was the other side of the room it a NOKIA lumia 800

soundwords

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi -- my friend sent me this link because my phone [an ancient HTC desire] used Viber to call him last night while it was on charge. About 20 times it seems. It also phoned someone in my contacts called Andre (no idea who this is anymore), and my ex-nextdoor neighbour... It also managed to reset its wallpaper.

This isn't the first time it's done crazy things while charging (like sending ancient draft Twitter messages, turning on Bluetooth) but I assumed it was becaue I was charging with a dodgy lead. I took to taking the battery out and swapping new charged ones in and charging on a separate battery charger. I got given a new lead (by the inconvenienced friend who has to keep his phone on 'normal' for work during the night) and I was using that last night for the first time.

All very odd. I assume it's not haunted. But if it is, I'm glad it's freaking out other people and not me at 2AM in the morning... (Yes, it was on silent and no, it didn't manage to turn its noises on to alert me to a problem.)

So if it isn't the lead and other smartphones do this, how?

henk van stapels1

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
hi, my phone is also calling people by itself..
it called my mom everytime though but it calls everytime i touch my screen...
i've got an HTC One X and i haven't had any problems with it for about a year..
However I did find some kind of malware on my phone using some antivirus app, so i deleted it, it hasn't called anyone since.
I don't know if it had helped, cause I'm only having this problem since this morning and I deleted the malware-infected file a few hours ago...
I used the android app from the developer AVG mobile, i hope it works for you guys.

I apologize for my English, it's just not my native language. I'm Dutch..

Steven Newman

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S II what I've had since August. Last night it made 15 phone calls on its onwn between 1:30am and 3:10am, whicle I was asleep in bed. Most were to numbers in my Contacts (my daugter (2x), my wife (5x), my kids' highschool (4x)) but the first two were to an unfamiliar number with the name 'aqq' associated with it. I checked the Motion settings, but that thing about Direct Call mentioned above was not checked. My TrustGo security didn't show any malware when I scanned it. I've downloaded AVG anitvirus and am scanning it again to double check. I'd appreciate anyone's insitghts in to what could cause this.

DarkoH

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 calls the last number I dialed on its own. It happens every once in a while. I noticed that it happens when I pick up the phone from my desk, unlock it, check the status bar, lock it and put it in my pocket. Although not every time, so I can't figure the exact cause... The motions features are turned off. This is driving me crazy. Does anyone have an idea?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Are you possibly accidentally brushing the phone icon with your hand? This has happened to me if I'm not careful.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2