Question about AT&T restocking fees

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I purchased the One X about 2 weeks ago, and want to exchange it for the S3. Now I've been reading online that I'll be charged a restocking fee. But I found another place on at&t's website that there is no restocking fee if you bring back everything that came with the device (and if it's not an iPhone :p).

Has anyone exchanged a phone with AT&T recently that can confirm this? I did buy the phone online, and want to exchange it in store.

atheistatic

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm that there is no restocking fee... My Iphone died on me two weeks before the S3 released so I purchased a cheap Nexus to hold me over till the S3 released..
There is a 30 day period where you should be able to exchange...
If you are just returning there probably would be a fee involved...

On a side note... The past two contract renewal upgrade fees have been credited back to my account from a casual call to customer care asking they would waive the fee due to the length of time I've been with ATT and have an excellent payment history...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

vietalogy

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes there's a $35 restocking fee on returns or exchanges. I returned my GS3 and got charged that.

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I returned my One X today and got my S3 and no restocking fee. Just paid the difference between the prices of the 2 devices. Came out to $106.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Since you bought your phone online, you have to contact customer service and tell them you want to return it. They will email you a RMA shipping label and then there is NO restocking fee. However, if you return the phone to an ATT store, they will charge you the restocking fee. That's how it was explained to me since buying online or over the phone from ATT is very different from getting a device at an ATT store. You can also negotiate a deal when you call where you cannot in a store. I got my GS3 for $50 and ATT waived the activation fee and gave me a service credit in the same amount at the CA sales tax. You cannot negotiate ANY deals at an ATT store as I mentioned.