Juice Defender issue

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Since I was having difficulty getting the OTA update, I went to the ATT store to see if they could help. A rep did a battery pull while the phone was still on and then said that having Avast and Juice Defender might block it. So I removed Avast and JD. But after chatting with a Samsung tech support rep, he said that these apps would not interfere with the OTA updating. So I reinstalled them but now JD isn't toggling the various things it used to and I see the red dot in the icon constantly which means it's disabling the radios. I also notice that the JD icon is always visible in the notification bar which it wasn't before.. I have emailed JD support but so far no response. Anyone have this problem and if so, how do I fix it. I really like JD and want to use it. Thanks.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Delete and then reinstall JD. I had the same issues twice already. It used to be prefect

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Have already done that.. I have a feeling there was an update and its not working correctly on the SGH-i747.. I reinstalled Avast also.. And JD support still hasn't replied to my emails done from the support page.. Am wondering if it has anything to do with having a MicroCell in my house and maybe I just didn't notice it before.. Hmmmmm

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
That's odd. JD is working fine for me now but I did have the same issue. Try fooling around with the settings

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
What's odd is that I noticed my mobile data was turned off, so when I turned it back on the red dot went away.. Not sure what's causing it since I have not done any custom settings but simply tapped the 'balanced' level of performance and enabled the app, and that's it. Will have to keep my eye on it to see if JD is shutting of mobile data.

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I tried jb but had problems like you. All of my calls would go straight to voicemail without me hearing a ring. Must of disabled my radio or something. I deleted it anyway. I get through a day with no problem anyway and that what car and home chargers are for. Lol.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

NewMind83

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Only problem I've been having with JD is that when I'm trying to stream spotify in my car it seems to block it from moving to the next track. I turn it off and its fine. Still annoying though.

pajenkins1187

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Only problem I've been having with JD is that when I'm trying to stream spotify in my car it seems to block it from moving to the next track. I turn it off and its fine. Still annoying though.

If you haven't tried it already, in the configure apps area, try setting spotify to "enable/screen off". If it's set to enable or left at default, JD will disable any open connection if there's no longer any traffic. Some music streaming programs try to quickly load a whole song and then stop data traffic until the next song starts. So halfway through the current song, JD will see you have no active traffic and disable all connections to save battery, preventing you from moving on to the next one.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Well it's been stable for a couple of days now.. Not sure why my mobile data kept shutting off though, especially since I have not installed the latest OTA update.. So far so good.

NewMind83

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
If you haven't tried it already, in the configure apps area, try setting spotify to "enable/screen off". If it's set to enable or left at default, JD will disable any open connection if there's no longer any traffic. Some music streaming programs try to quickly load a whole song and then stop data traffic until the next song starts. So halfway through the current song, JD will see you have no active traffic and disable all connections to save battery, preventing you from moving on to the next one.

Excuse my ignorance, but where is this configure apps area? All I can find is manage apps, and it doesn't have that option. My galaxy s3 noobage is showing...

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Make sure you add Spotify and other streaming music players to the "Exceptions" list

pajenkins1187

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Excuse my ignorance, but where is this configure apps area? All I can find is manage apps, and it doesn't have that option. My galaxy s3 noobage is showing...

In JD, when you go to customize a profile, the settings tab pops up. In this tab, there is a sections with the header "Apps". Make sure it's enabled. Below that it will say "Configure" and after the explanation there will be 2 buttons: one will say "interactive" and one will say "configure apps". Tapping on "configure apps" will bring up a 2 column list of the apps you have installed, each with a button next to them that you can tap on. For Pandora, Spotify, and other streaming apps, you'll have to tap on this button until it says "enable/screen off".

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Yeah it should be when you hit "Custom", and you should see it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez