Had great battery life then all the sudden horrible life...

soloz2

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I have some background app or process draining power on me. Is there an app or way I can tell what it is?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
You can download "Advanced Task Killer" which can automatically delete apps running in the background, it also helped my phone run faster

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I have some background app or process draining power on me. Is there an app or way I can tell what it is?

Gsam

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

carlosrey23

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I love how some people provide possible solution without learning detail...not knocking...just saying!

Questions:
1. Did you just recently received the OTA update ((Build number ends in UCALH9)?
2. Do you spend a lot of time connected to WiFi?

I ask bcs I received my OTA on Thursday (10/25) and since my battery life has sucked when connected to WiFi. Last weekend, while at home (always connected to WiFi) my battery life dropped from my typical 20 hrs to about 14 hrs. But realized late Sunday and dropped the WiFi connection and since I have actually seen increased battery life.

I have not had time to do a lot of research, but I read somewhere that the update dropped some WiFi bands...this may have something to do with the battery drain...maybe weaker signal on the other bands, or constant interruption...I don't know yet.

If the above does not fit your case, then follow previous advice :D

Cheers,

soloz2

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I have not done any updates so unless the phone did this on its own...

What happened is I was getting 2 days per charge then the a week or so ago the phone drained from almost 60% to 0 causing me to sleep in... Alarm didn't go off. Since then I've only been getting about a day.

bobbyp5

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Mines doing that too. I don't know what I have installed since. Been monitoring and will see if i find anything. Also I disabled a lot of bloatware last night and it seemed to help from those that kept populating after killing them off. I also have the 4200 extended battery though so its not a big deal but its bothering me because I don't know what the drain is. - Right now im on the stock battery because the 4200 wanted to find something that gives me more grip in the back... I dont have the biggest hands so the more grip the better. Also I had my phone on standby one night from 100% dropped to 55%. Didn't touch it or anything. This is where I found the big drain which sounds like your problem also. Hopefully we can help each other out.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
soloz2,

There was a 'How to stretch your battery life' article today in the CNET daily emailed bulletin. As with similar types of articles, a lot of it is just common sense, but keeping WiFi & Bluetooth off, email push notifications off, unless and until you actually need them to be on, plus running whenever possible in 'airplane mode' has helped my battery life quite a bit.

wacaktb

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
my s3 is dying on it's arse since this update to jelly bean, i ain't doing anything i didn't do before, they better fix this or this phone is getting launched!:(

wacaktb

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
that's all fine and dandy mate but the thing that is annoying me more than anything is the fact that i had no problem with ics with the battery usage, the update to jellybean was supposed to make the phone better but it has only made it ridiculously worse, we shouldn't need to change the way we have previously used the device because they have fecked up with the development of jellybean, it's just a joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez