Jelly Bean no where in sight?!

savingsfriend

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Having been a loyal iphone user for 5 years, I can tell you I'm happy I changed over to the Galaxy S3. However, the lack of updates are pathetic? When will AT&T release Jelly Bean? It's a shame we are at the mercy of the cell companies. Next time I buy an Android device, I'm buying a device direct from Google so I get immediate updates. 4.2 is already coming out, and we haven't even gotten 4.1 yet. /end rant

TheIowaKid

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If you really want JB have you considered just rooting and using a custom ROM? Its not that hard and you can have the best of both worlds. I love pure stock Android but I also love the s3 hardware. I currently get to enjoy both.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Martinezma99

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I installed CyanongenMod tonight and absolutely love it! The best of both worlds. I can't believe how fast my S3 is in Jelly Bean and without the bloatware. You will not regret it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

anon(161369)

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why getting jellybean is so important I picked the phone up and loved it and still do, and I flashed cyanogenmod, paranoid android, black jelly and aokp, and after all of that I just went back to stock and haven't looked back Samsung did it right this time and though every other phone I have owned has had some kind of rom and was most likely overclocked I see no reason to slap cyanogenmod on it maybe an aosp rom compiled for this phone would be nice..... :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that you like the rest of us AT&T users is that were with At&t. AT&T could care less about jelly bean or about getting it on your phone now that they have your money. With Verizon about to release JB it would not surprise me if at&t never releases it or waits until next year. AT&T doesn't follow and setting trends that don't begin with Iphone is not something they do. They have your money and your locked in a contract, weather your happy is not of importance to them. If I wasn't still getting a corporate discount from my last employer I would drop at&t, but alas I like saving money and I would have to pay more to go anywhere else. So for now I stay with the devil known as at&t and I curse them.

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that you like the rest of us AT&T users is that were with At&t. AT&T could care less about jelly bean or about getting it on your phone now that they have your money. With Verizon about to release JB it would not surprise me if at&t never releases it or waits until next year. AT&T doesn't follow and setting trends that don't begin with Iphone is not something they do. They have your money and your locked in a contract, weather your happy is not of importance to them. If I wasn't still getting a corporate discount from my last employer I would drop at&t, but alas I like saving money and I would have to pay more to go anywhere else. So for now I stay with the devil known as at&t and I curse them.

Verizon has NOT set a release for JB, so don't assume that a leaked firmware image means they are ahead of the game. AT&T is ready to release JB, but is dragging its feet for no reason, other than "Verizon has not released it yet, so why should we?". It is fairly pathetic, but not any worse than Verizon at this point.

savingsfriend

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

I would sell my S3 and try the Nexus 4, but it's lacking LTE... Guess I will wait for AT&T... Too bad Samsung doesn't have more leverage with the cell phone companies to expedite OS updates.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
This is the very reason I will be getting a Nexus 4. I love my S3, but the lack of Jelly Bean from AT&T is utterly pathetic. There's no amount of excuses that can justify their laziness.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I really would get the Nexus for if it wasn't for the lack of MicroSD card. I NEED that so that's a kill for me getting the Nexus 4

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I installed CyanongenMod tonight and absolutely love it! The best of both worlds. I can't believe how fast my S3 is in Jelly Bean and without the bloatware. You will not regret it!

This is very true. I'm not even concerned with the official update anymore now that I'm using CM10. The stock Android experience is far better than any skin to me anyway.

onevivip

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Samsung haven't even released Jelly Bean for S2 yet. Then there's the carriers distribution process... The S3 will be in the same position next year. So yea, in your own words, it's pretty pathetic compared to how you can still update a 3 year old iPhone with the latest iOS, let alone the minor versions, all immediately.

Last edited:

Martinezma99

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Which monthly or nightly are you using? I updated to 11.3 with no issues. It now includes a file manager.

tmx31415

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Please keep in mind that At&t did the same thing with the Galaxy Note in regards to updating from Gingerbread to ICS. I understand that it was a larger leap with that device however my point is the carrier is going to do what it wants to do. HTC OneX owners will be experiencing the same issue with the carrier in regards to the update to Jelly Bean.

jjb70

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
You guys using CM10, I have yet to find a release that fixes the low recording volume on video recorder. What say you?

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
don't understand why getting jellybean is so important I picked the phone up and loved it and still do, and I flashed cyanogenmod, paranoid android, black jelly and aokp, and after all of that I just went back to stock and haven't looked back
That is exactly what I did as well. I am very happy with the stock rom. I just couldn't stand some of the features the custom roms removed.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Samsung haven't even released Jelly Bean for S2 yet. Then there's the carriers distribution process... The S3 will be in the same position next year. So yea, in your own words, it's pretty pathetic compared to how you can still update a 3 year old phone with the latest OS, let alone the minor versions, all immediately.

Apples upgrades for iOS go straight through Apple. No ridiculous excuses about the carrier needing to test the firmware, etc...The only difference I can think of with Apple, and iOS is the fact that they announce a new version of iOS 3 months in advance which gives everyone from carriers, to developers time to test it out before public release. The fact that Samsung has Jelly Bean ready, and now we're only waiting on AT&T, and Verizon to approve this release is in fact pathetic. Don't get me wrong, I still love my device regardless, but holding back a release until they're ready makes no sense. Project Butter, and Google Now is all I care about, don't want to be bothered with rooting my phone either.